Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot reset the clock on 2013 Vision. The manual says toggle to the mileage and hold the mode button down until the hours flash. Well I have toggled to mileage nad held down the mode button until the cows came home and never did the hours flash. What is the secrete?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Make sure you're using the correct mode button. On the XCT, it's the same mode button that toggles the mileage, NOT the button that says "mode". That ones for the radio control.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I cannot reset the clock on 2013 Vision. The manual says toggle to the mileage and hold the mode button down until the hours flash. Well I have toggled to mileage nad held down the mode button until the cows came home and never did the hours flash. What is the secrete?
It's a pita. Get mileage up on display then hold about 3 sec. Should see hour start to flash. Pm me if not

·
Registered
539 Posts
The manual says use the mode button, which to me said use the one on the tank labeled mode. You actually use the button on the left handle bar that switches through the different functions of the display. I tried for about 5 minutes to figure out how to get that mode button to set my clock back, until I finally gave up and started trying others.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
The button behind your high-beam switch (next to clutch lever) is the mode switch. Repeatedly press it until if shows your total mileage. Press and HOLD it, then your Hour will start to flash. Repeatedly press it until you get the right hour. HOLD it again to jump to 10 minutes, then again to single minutes. HOLD AGAIN when set to return to normal.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not a VV but page 30 in my XC owner manual clearly explains where the mode button is. I assume it's the same on the VV, right on front of the left handlebar switch housing and behind the clutch lever.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not a VV but page 30 in my XC owner manual clearly explains where the mode button is. I assume it's the same on the VV, right on front of the left handlebar switch housing and behind the clutch lever.

On page 26 of my VV manual is the explanation of how to set the clock and it says press the mode button. There is a button on the tank that is labeled Mode, so I think that might cause some confusion, at least it did in my case. That mode button is for the radio, but it is clearly labeled Mode, so I just assumed that was it. On page 28 it explains what it calls the the mode button, but I generally just browse through a manual and look up things I can't figure out on my own. I only looked just now to see where it explained that, which is 2 pages after it tells you to use it.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
On page 26 of my VV manual is the explanation of how to set the clock and it says press the mode button. There is a button on the tank that is labeled Mode, so I think that might cause some confusion, at least it did in my case. That mode button is for the radio, but it is clearly labeled Mode, so I just assumed that was it. On page 28 it explains what it calls the the mode button, but I generally just browse through a manual and look up things I can't figure out on my own. I only looked just now to see where it explained that, which is 2 pages after it tells you to use it.
Whoops. There I go, assuming again. I forgot I was in the Vision forum. :eek:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Setting clock is easy. Use the mode switch, the one under your left index finger, to select the odometer total miles, rather than trip1, trip2, etc. Once you are there, hold the switch for a few seconds as if you were resetting the trip meter and it will go into time setting mode. Set hours with short pulses, then hold the button to switch to 10s of minutes and then to minutes. when you are done one more hold will restore the full LCD display.
Done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts