Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for many years but I have always had the problem of not being able to ride to long as my but starts to hurt and I need a suggestion on a pad to put on my 2016 Cross Country Tour seat and to ask if they really work.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I recommend you take your butt and your bike to a saddle customizer and get it tailored to your bottom. While you're at it, have him install heat in the seat, if it's not there already. You will thank me over and over. Been there, done that 3X.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I agree with @BBob Those are the best options for adding some type of seat pad, there is also the "sheepskin type" pads. But in my opinion pads really don't gain you much for comfort, mostly they allow more air flow and cooling. Comfort wise the Airhawk is probably the best option, but the trade off is(as with any pad) it changes your position on and feel for the bike. Personally I don't like any of the pads, I feel like they separate my from my bike.
If you want long distance comfort, you will need to bite the bullet and find the right seat or find someone that can work the stock seat to your liking. I tried a few and settled on a Corbin Dual Tour, I also have a Drag Specialties Low-Profile Touring Seat....I like the Corbin best, but my wife likes the DS better when we tour.(the sacrifices we must make :rolleyes: )

·
12,983 Posts
mrbo64
Not knowing where you are go to some of the dealers like Mies or Tousley even Northway and see what they have maybe even try.

Going TCV and maybe one of the riders has something you can try. There good fun girls and guys that like to ride. Its free to belong and ride when you can there is over 100 members and were founder in 1999

Twin Cities Victory Riders

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have one of the Buttbuffers. I used it on my trip last year, 9300 miles, on my Triumph. Works great, very thick, gel and sheepskin. When the days got long, I would just toss it on the seat. I think I paid around 100.00.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Option 2 might be an Airhawk pad. I've heard good things about them on the forums or one of the other pads available.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-seat-pads
^
This! Have used an Airhawk for several years now on trips of 1k to over 5K mi. and it has been real butt saver. Also got one for the BH and she won't ride without it now. Just make sure to follow the directions and resist the temptation of overfill it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I switched to my 2013 Vic XCT from a 1500 Goldwing and at 1st I found the stock seat on the Vic a little ..... lacking, specifically in it's width, but after a few 400 mi days in the saddle I now find it very comfortable.
Before you drop down big $$$ for a new seat, try riding a couple of 3-400 mi days back to back to break your butt in to the seat. They really are quite comfortable.
On hot, sunny days, I will use a sheepskin pelt to keep my butt dry and cool

Dusty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts