Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding the tri-oval exhaust to my 2013 CrossRoads. Would the black muffler with chrome tip look right? The black section of the muffler would be under the black saddle bags.

Or would it look better with the all chrome muffler? That would be more like what is on there now.

Opinions appreciated. If anyone has a picture of this setup it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I'm thinking about adding the tri-oval exhaust to my 2013 CrossRoads. Would the black muffler with chrome tip look right? The black section of the muffler would be under the black saddle bags.

Or would it look better with the all chrome muffler? That would be more like what is on there now.

Opinions appreciated. If anyone has a picture of this setup it would be greatly appreciated!

If Tri-Ovals are your choice, I would go with all chrome. I think the black would distract from the rest of the bike. Since chrome is already a theme on your model.

Although, have you heard the sound of the Vance & Hines? They are the best sounding pipe I have head on a Cross Bike.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I dunno. Since you have spokes, I'm thinking the chrome would carry the theme of colors of your bike. I have a blue/silver XCT with black cast wheels. I just purchased the Black w/chrome tip TriOvals. I'm getting too long in the tooth to keep getting down on the floor to clean and polish the chrome pipes. I figure nobody will notice if the black mufflers are less than squeaky clean. Chrome looks good - when its clean and sparkles. One (old) guys opinion. :smile

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
http://youtu.be/yNy3KEbEzl8

i do these, i can save you a pile of money vs buying tri ovals. this video is a member here, austinxdan? i hope im close!

·
Registered
257 Posts

Mh1, my vote is to keep it chrome. I have a 2010 XR with the chrome and just added Miller Mufflers short baffle. Since they're slip ons and live under the chrome heat shield they didn't change the look of my bike at all. They sound amazing and you can't beat the price. Good luck in your decision!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The best part of the Miller mufflers is you can add cool exhaust tips! Vicbaggers & Rusty Jones has all the cool ones.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
The best part of the Miller mufflers is you can add cool exhaust tips! Vicbaggers & Rusty Jones has all the cool ones.

yep any aftermarket tip that fits stock vic mufflers work, if you dont mind that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now you've done it! You made me step back and rethink the whole muffler thing again. But whatever I do, I think I will stay with the full chrome look.

Great suggestions - thanks for the input!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went with the Ness Big Honkers, almost 5 years and love them. Slip on you install yourself. Added black and chrome exhaust tips from Witch Doctor. Looks and sounds great, neighbors don't think so....haha

·
Registered
281 Posts
Another vote for Miller Mufflers! Sound, performance, price and service, can't be beat. I got the short baffle. Loud but not to loud.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Drew of Miller Mufflers just shipped a set of his mufflers to me yesterday. I am looking forward to getting them installed.
lol, same here... mine arrived yesterday... now i just have to wait till the weekend to do the install... might just skip a night of sleep to install them...... or maybe work... yeah, i'm feeling a little sick, stuffy nose and sort throat.. cough cough must not be able to go into work on Friday.. ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
lol, same here... mine arrived yesterday... now i just have to wait till the weekend to do the install... might just skip a night of sleep to install them...... or maybe work... yeah, i'm feeling a little sick, stuffy nose and sort throat.. cough cough must not be able to go into work on Friday.. ;)
Yes, you don't want to infect your work mates.:smile It's for the good of he company

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
So Drew... Mags and I are wondering when your going to start paying us commission?

you know thats not the first time ive been asked that! haha!! you guys have no idea how much i appreciate the good word!! not having a bike sucks, i have so many awesome customers posting vids for me its rediculous! i have been lucky enough to get to do some installs here and there so i get to hear them, havent heard my loudest ones yet, and next friday will be my first vision install, cant wait!! Thanks everyone!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts