Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 CC and the stock windshield is not a option for me at 6'3.

So do I get the +3 or the +5 I like the +3 better due to the mounting brackets but once I order I owned it..

Also is the 2 inches that much in difference?

So will the +3 deflect enough air for me at 6'3 inseam 3?

Dealer said he could get the KLOCK WERKS but not the Cee Baileys

Thanks

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I'm 6'4" with a 35 inch inseam, sitting against the wall I measure about 37" from the floor to the top of my head. With a +4 , I see over the windshield fine, and have very little, if any buffeting with my current Gustafsson with a Euro Flip. Also have a Cee Bailey Dragon 19 which is mostly length not height. Height wise its about a + 4. This shield works realy good also, and I use it mostly in the winter, because it seems to give me a little more overall wind blockage. Only issue I have with the Cee Dragon is because of the length, it rattles some when going down a rough road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 6'4" with a 35 inch inseam, sitting against the wall I measure about 37" from the floor to the top of my head. With a +4 , I see over the windshield fine, and have very little, if any buffeting with my current Gustafsson with a Euro Flip. Also have a Cee Bailey Dragon 19 which is mostly length not height. Height wise its about a + 4. This shield works realy good also, and I use it mostly in the winter, because it seems to give me a little more overall wind blockage. Only issue I have with the Cee Dragon is because of the length, it rattles some when going down a rough road.

Thank you for the detail answer I have not looked at them until now and not a bad looking shield, I'm not sold on putting on the Madstad brackets unless it is a have too....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Having gone through 2 different windshields BEFORE getting the Madstad Brackets, I would do the brackets first and then do a shield IF you still need to. I was worried about how they'd look at first but now I don't even know they're on there and have had many compliments about them since.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I have the Madstad windshield system, Victory lowers, and the JTD Cycle Parts Lowers on my 2010 Cross Country. When I put on the JTD lowers, it made the cockpit extremely calm...no more windblast from below. Then I tried it without the Victory lowers and only the JTD lowers...got quite a bit more windblast from below that moved my helmet around again. Replaced the Victory lowers and calm cockpit again. Still plenty of air movement, but no more air blast. So this combination of lowers and windshield works. Bike is a joy at city and highway speeds. I also tried 3 different type windshields with the Madstad system being the best so far before installing the JTD lowers.
Just my two cents...

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I have a 12 cc AND AM 6'4" I have the JTD lowers and the Klock Works windshield. Works great, the wind coming over the top just touches the top of my head

·
Registered
212 Posts
cheers
I have the Madstad windshield system, Victory lowers, and the JTD Cycle Parts Lowers on my 2010 Cross Country. When I put on the JTD lowers, it made the cockpit extremely calm...no more windblast from below. Then I tried it without the Victory lowers and only the JTD lowers...got quite a bit more windblast from below that moved my helmet around again. Replaced the Victory lowers and calm cockpit again. Still plenty of air movement, but no more air blast. So this combination of lowers and windshield works. Bike is a joy at city and highway speeds. I also tried 3 different type windshields with the Madstad system being the best so far before installing the JTD lowers.
Just my two cents...
I am confused about your statement "without the Victory lowers and only the JTD lowers". Wouldn't the Victory soft lowers cover up the JTD hard lowers and render them pointless, or is there some other combination that I am unaware of ?

Also, I currently have the Klock Werks FLARE shield, and am wondering how that would work with the Madstad brackets. Does anyone have this specific combo?

cheers

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
cheers

I am confused about your statement "without the Victory lowers and only the JTD lowers". Wouldn't the Victory soft lowers cover up the JTD hard lowers and render them pointless, or is there some other combination that I am unaware of ?

Also, I currently have the Klock Werks FLARE shield, and am wondering how that would work with the Madstad brackets. Does anyone have this specific combo?

cheers
I'm running the above combo and it work great for me. I had the stock screen on the Madstad and it worked well too. I really didn't like the look as I had it jacked all the way up, the KW is taller so it rides closer to the fairing and works great.
I recently installed the Victory lower fairing deflectors and they really help with the blast from below, not eliminated but better.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm running the above combo and it work great for me. I had the stock screen on the Madstad and it worked well too. I really didn't like the look as I had it jacked all the way up, the KW is taller so it rides closer to the fairing and works great.
I recently installed the Victory lower fairing deflectors and they really help with the blast from below, not eliminated but better.
About the lower fairing deflectors, since I have the forged bars with aftermarket highway pegs, it has been difficult for me to find something useful that would fit properly. But I just found and ordered these. I hope they do the trick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321131095087?item=321131095087&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

(Sorry for the thread highjack) cheers

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
No, The Victory lowers are the small wings attached to the fork legs.
If you look at the CCT, it has the hard lowers and a small wing attached to the front fairing. Basically the same setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Thanks everyone,

I order the +5 windshield from Vic. right now it was my cheapest option since I had points buck I had to spend and the dealer did not carry the brackets.

The next size up was in stock but the brackets was on back order anyway I got out the the door for 25.00 and some change.

If this does not do the trick I will order the brackets.

Only catch on the points is you MUST spend them all at once and there is no carry over meaning if you cash in $500.00 you must spend that or more...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I'm thinking about adding the Madstad with my KW windshield.

Is this KW supported enough with out it being held in the fairing?

Since it's been a while have you noticed any cracking because of using the Madstad brackets with the KW?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I'm thinking about adding the Madstad with my KW windshield.

Is this KW supported enough with out it being held in the fairing?

Since it's been a while have you noticed any cracking because of using the Madstad brackets with the KW?

Thanks
Mines only been on for 2000 miles, all is good.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mines only been on for 2000 miles, all is good.
A pic with the KW Flare on the Madstad brackets would be very helpful. Do you happen to have any to share? cheers

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
A pic with the KW Flare on the Madstad brackets would be very helpful. Do you happen to have any to share? cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Hammer. Do you get any buffeting at highway speeds with that combo now at all, and are you over 6' ?

I'm curious how that combo works for someone at 6'2".

cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts