Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a great little ride today. I live in Northern Calif in the mountains. There are a ton of small communities out in the sticks around here I have never been to for some reason. I do get pretty nervous worrying about deer as they are all over the place up here. The roads are amazing because they follow the terrain. It is like being on a roller coaster you are in control of. I really like the steep hills dropping off and rising again almost instantly. Long sweeping 45 mph turns. I swear I almost had to do a 360 it was the strangest curve I have ever been on. I don't really like riding alone but today was fun. On the way home a guy on a HD fell in behind me. We were tearing it up passing cars and such (wear it was permissible). I wish I had a helmet cam as I think you guys would love this area. All in all a great day so far!

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Headed there in a few weeks, I'm doing another ironbutt from Phoenix AZ to Phoenix Oregon. Next day we start the redwoods tour for a couple days then ride home.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Cali Phil...were you on 36? That's one tortured piece of macadam.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I, too, was thinking you were describing Hwy 36 west of Red Bluff. There is a section about 15-20 miles that truly rides like a roller coaster. A paved wagon road that was made back in the early days. In engineer speak, no cuts or fills, just up and down and left and right . . . again and again and again, on the natural terrain of the area. You crest one vertical curve expecting it to go horizontally left only to quickly discover it goes right. Keeps ya on your toes. Like an old fashioned roller coaster at the amusement park.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are close. Highway 89 out of Mccloud to McArthur. Weather was gorgeous.

·
13,263 Posts
Cali Phil

The last i heard from you was you were waiting for some guy to tune your bike and fix some problems.
How did you make out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts