Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have problems with their i pods on a cross country tour? Mine shows up on the screen but scrolls through the songs every few seconds but never plays through speakers. The regular radio works fine. Was wondering if this was a common problem or if leaving i pod plugged in all the time could burn up i pod? I pod worked fine on bike for about a week.

·
13,003 Posts
what cable are you using. Ipods can lock up if it has a memorie card. 3rd gens work the best along with 5gen

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using the factory cable that is in the left lower storage compartment. I don't know what gen ipod it is but it is 80 gig and also 5-6 years old.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Make sure it is connected properly. I had a problem with mine vibrating in the lower and causing connetion issues. I have it laying on a sponge i hollowed out, problem solved.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
My guess would be disk reading error. The hard drive models aren't made to cope with the constant vibrations of the MC environment. It may work fine for a while, but it will eventually fail. The non-classic models such as the Nano, iPod TOUCH, shuffle, and iPhone are flash based (and MUCH smaller storage capacity) that can withstand the abuse. There are no moving parts to those drives. The classic iPods with high capacity have spinning disks that get misaligned.

Sorry, but don't have a fix.... other than a flash based iPod (making some way of damping the vibration may help)

·
13,003 Posts
whiskeydave

Dave is it the single pin connector or the thirty pin connector.
The sing pin allows the ipod to play but you can't do any thing with it.
You have to spend $100 bucks to get the thirty pin and that will let you control the ipod using the radio controls.
On the back of your ipod is a serial number and apple site you enter number and it will tell you what you have.
I do know if it has a hard drive in the ipod it will lock up and die. You can find used one on craiglist if you need to.
Here is a link hes talking about a vision but it should be the same for you
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2726&posts=1&start=1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts