Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled baffles out from my 2016 straight shot guns exhaust .
and I love the sound, it is awesome , but got lot of backfire or popping going on now .
I was wondering to unplug O2 sensor but m'I going to do any damage to engine ?

i was reading on google to stop popping I should take to be mapped again but that cost around $800 .
is there any other cheeper way to stop popping or backfire ?

PS:
I got fuel command or power command what ever is name of the red box under the seats and K&N air filter

I just checked and O2 is already unplugged .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
and I love the sound, it is awesome , but got lot of backfire or popping going on now .

i was reading on google to stop popping I should take to be mapped again but that cost around $800 .

PS:
I got fuel command or power command what ever is name of the red box under the seats and K&N air filter

Taking the baffles out of your bike changed your fuel air ratio to. too lean. Your map was for what you had. Now it's not correct for what you have at present.

Have you asked the person who tuned your bike what they would charge for a second dyno tune?
It might be cheaper this time around, or not... Don't know till you ask.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I agree with what @Joe_ said ....you're out of tune now.
@myway What's $800aus equate to in US dollars? That seems very high, here in the states the Vic Pro's get around $300 for a full dyno tuning, the shop I use charges $250 for a full mapping and does touch-up tunes for $65
(I just looked up the currency exchange rates, $800aus is roughly $500us ....still on the high side for a tune) ...Anyway, If you plan on keeping your bike a long while and want to keep running "baffle-less" it would be a good idea to invest in a proper tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mate pull out this things out from his harley and he never did any maping bike run with no popping nose.
I thought i do with my high ball but run in problem

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
If your friends Harley has a carberator instead of fuel injection then he can adjust fuel ratio himself without going to a dealer or tuner.
Harley's are a different breed of motorcycle anyway. I've had a few. And I liked them but I really love my Victory. Big Difference.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts

PS:

You are running to lean and could burn a hole in a piston. Plus you need back pressure for the scooter to run right. I have seen it many time. Really load and no power. You destroyed your gas mileage.

·
13,003 Posts
First off Harleys have 90% better ECM then Vic's Harleys hasn't had a carburetor since 2000.
Your bike probably pop before you just never heard it with the baffles in.
How much pooping is there can you live with it. If not put baffles back in till you can afford a new tun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is lots of popping going down hill or coming to traffic light, it will pop 4 to 5 times very quietly like very loud machine gun .
I will put tham back in and in few weeks i will book to shop to be tuned. I find bit cheaper dyno tune then Victory & Indie Dealer .

it will all worthet I just love that sound ::smile:smile uuuuuu so nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts