Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot has happen in the last month and I'm worn out both physically and mentally. I'm turning 57 in 2 days and finally getting to go on an extended ride on my Vegas.

I'm going to meet up with my best friend who just recently purchased a Vegas 8ball.

I've always wanted to ride along the beach looking out over the gulf. We will be riding around Gulf Breeze and Destin, Fl area.

Rear brake gets stuck some and have to pull back on it. Rear tire is near the point of needing replacement. Will do that when I get back.
Overall, bike is running very well.

I'll most likely be wearing FF and vented jacket. I'm planning to wear ear plugs because FF is a little loud from wind/pipes. I rarely wear FF helmet because it is so confining but for this one, sure it will be best protection for the constant 70 mph speeds.

I'd rather have a music system but can't afford this right now.

I'm very excited about this ride because the weather is going to perfect. Planning to ride a lot during the days thru the weekend. My buddy is trailering his bike down from Atlanta. That's okay... this way we can go out at night together to eat.

I'm taking my time on the way down and will be very focused on the idgits. I'm not nervous or anxious about the traffic or the area I'll be travelling because I'm very familiar with it.

Thanks guys for reading this... I just had to tell someone. :smile

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have a fun and safe ride. I put 80 miles this morning in Omaha NE area. Very nice day for riding. Trees are turning! I love Fall riding. I would ride all weekend but I am taking the family to Disney World tomorrow. I am looking forward to the FL weather as well.

Reactions: DillPickle311

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Happy birthday and have fun be safe.

·
Premium Member
8,981 Posts
Happy Birthday Dill!
Enjoy the ride.
Brake pedal could just be the little spring that pulls the pedal back.
Finally sorted my rear brake issues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Happy Birthday Dill!! Enjoy and ride safe!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dill , Have a Happy Birthday and enjoy the ride .
I to have been busting my butt the last few months so a buddy and I are loading up and heading to Gulfport for a week starting tomorrow .
The Hammer is ready for the road .
Be safe and have a blast .

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Dill congratulations ... And enjoy the ride ..... Soo cool, post some pictures when your on the road trip ??

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
It looks ultra pleasant there Dill. I'm envious

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I googled your place and that is so nice, it is right next to Pascagoula, i worked there a few times, before and after Katrina ...

You sure posted some nice pictures Dill, KEEP EM COMING :thumbup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, been some beautiful weather on the gulf coast the last couple days. Looks like you are enjoying yourself. Happy birthday!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts