Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night the wife and I went out to dinner and because of her stellar directions we missed a turn and I needed to turn around. We were on the 13 and going down a street on a steep hill. As I turned in and started my tight circle I found I was tapped out quickly and rubbing the tip overs because of the lost lean from the steepness of the road. I kept going and was literally riding on them. I finally had to stop as the grinding was just too much and I didn't have enough room to make the turn any longer. I picked her up and we continued on our way.

Thinking about it later I believe I try things I probably would not have on my previous bikes because I know I have such great protection from the tip overs. I know not to try that again though.

It was a nice ride out and back and I even saw a Chieftain and XC.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
What are the "tip overs"?

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the "tip overs"?

G'day,

Vinish
The things that keep the Vision safe if it falls. The front is the small triangular piece just in front of the board and the rear is the loop that goes over the pipes.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I read in another thread and I don't remember where, here or the forum mentioned in that video, but some have said if you pick it up like that too many times your grab handles can break. They are not meant to handle that kind of weight. It's best to use the other method he mentioned of putting your back up against it and pushing up with your legs.

I have only dropped mine once and I picked it up just like he did, at that time I had not heard about the handle breaking. I have heard some folks will drop it over to do some types of maintenance or cleaning. So if you pick it up on a regular basis you should probably be aware. It's not cheap to fix the handles and now it may be even harder to get the parts.

·
13,003 Posts
Your absolute right Term.
The only thing thats holding the handles are 10 mm bras studs with nuts on them. Most time the handles don't brake its the die cast mounting plate. I have drooped mine 3 times and that guys picks the bike up all wrong. You want to face away from bike and lift with your legs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts