Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish like living hell my Kingpin had a six speed. Is it possible to change the gear box on my bike to the six speed ? And if so, what would it cost ? I know in Harleyville, adding another cog is relatively affordable, but I don't know anything about the Vics.

·
13,262 Posts
what about changing the front sprocket

·
Registered
693 Posts
You'll probably be better of trading in for one.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
$2500 for parts
Ouch! Parts alone are about a quarter (or a third) of the bike's value.
You'll probably be better of trading in for one.
Yeah, it might be a matter of a hundreds instead of thousands to switch to an '09 Kingpin with 6-speed.

As per KBB, trade-in on 09 8-ball is $6,580, and 09 Kingpin (6 speed) is $7,510. Less than a grand - (not to mention the other goodies you get by upgrading from the 8-ball).

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It costs $3000 or more to get a Baker 6-speed installed on a Harley so the Victory price (once labor is added) is about the same. Honestly Crossroads is right, it's cheaper to upgrade bikes. To add to that your resale value won't go up because the 6th gear upgrade would be treated the same as accessories.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It costs $3000 or more to get a Baker 6-speed installed on a Harley so the Victory price (once labor is added) is about the same. Honestly Crossroads is right, it's cheaper to upgrade bikes. To add to that your resale value won't go up because the 6th gear upgrade would be treated the same as accessories.
Gonna cost about 15 hours in labor to install the 6 in his pin. That is a bit more then $3K total. I can do a 6 into 5 on a HD for a lot less. More like half

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That's huge money just to drop a few 100 rpms on the highway!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's huge money just to drop a few 100 rpms on the highway!
Trust me, after reading the prices..... I wont be adding a 6 to my KP any time soon. I would do as mentioned above, and trade. Just one more reason to want a XC.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I know the OD pulleys are differnt for the 100cc tranny and the V92 in my TC but I thought they were still available... Or was it a differnt tranny other that the KP that stayed 5speed once the 6speeds came out?? Still getting all my Vic facts in order here.. .:confused:

I know that the OD Pulle money was well spent on mine and the only additional cost is going to be that speeding ticket im bound to get one of these days as I like to roll out 4th and 5th now WAY too much coming out of 3rd...lol..

Just curious to increase the brain cell usage...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Turbo Tech's O/D Pulley says this: 'Fits All 2003-2005 Victory Kingpin, Vegas, Jackpot. (except Hammer). Fits 2005 8-Ball with 92\5 engine. It also fits the '06 TC." I guess it "could" work on an 09 KP 8-Ball.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Turbo Tech's O/D Pulley says this: 'Fits All 2003-2005 Victory Kingpin, Vegas, Jackpot. (except Hammer). Fits 2005 8-Ball with 92\5 engine. It also fits the '06 TC." I guess it "could" work on an 09 KP 8-Ball.
Will not work on your 09

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am concerned about losing low end torque by changing pulleys.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Yep. Best to trade in your bike and get a 6 speed. There is always a trade off. I'm not worried about low end torque since my 92" motor is crazy fast and I don't do burn outs.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What about the ones John (JmJmJmJm) carries?

What is the difference between the newer and earlier pulley's?
John said he has plenty of the V92's but not the 100's. He does not plan on producing any more from the way it sounded, just trying to liquidate the V92s..

Low end torque? Well there is a trade off but the gain far out ways that little punch I might have had right off the line. By upgrading my intake, flash and fuel recommendations (thanks KevinX), I am much better off then where I was pre-pulley. Tie this in with HP mods in the future and what the hey... I guess it comes down to what you want it to do... Im lovin my bike at 75+ now and as I said, my next cost will probally be a speedin ticket because the OD just makes each gear more usable...

Im with BBob, if your that concerned about low end torque but want that highway gear, get out the check book... :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is easy to fix. Stroke it, bore it, TTI, Fuel controller, .495 cams, & variable clutch and you are set even with the O/D pulley. I have torque out the ass...of course I paid out the ass too!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That is easy to fix. Stroke it, bore it, TTI, Fuel controller, .495 cams, & variable clutch and you are set even with the O/D pulley. I have torque out the ass...of course I paid out the ass too!
+1 just as soon as my contract renews....

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, which pulley should I get ? Is/are there more than one ? Educate me....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts