Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my garage moving my bike to do some work on the shield. I got off, it fell over on me, pushed me against wall, I busted sheet rock, I eventually lifted it up(sucker is damn heavy I am older I have back problems) before wife came out.

Only damage was my pride and my shield. Of course I'll provide pics later.

Dill forgot to put kickstand down.

I removed shield and hardware and went riding

98 degrees F today but did not care. I had to turn around and go home to get ear plugs... Wind noise was awful.

I have had the best time today.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,236 Posts
Dam Dill ever since you crash here a few weeks back you have been having crazy thoughts and now this.
Are you sure you're ok maybe you better lay in a pool and drink some beers for a day or two. Even see a doctor.
Sorry for your garage experience

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had been cutting down some holly bushes and hauling the crap away. Hated them ever since wife made me plant them 20 years ago. I was wasted and figured while nasty I'd wash bike. Would not have happened if I'd just gone inside and cooled off.

I had a shield from previous bike but would not fit.

Look! Today has been a killer day.

I made lemonade with a lemon of a day and I'm a happy man.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
View attachment 145609
I shot six times at this sign and pretty sure 6 found the mark. Haha!!!

I did have a good time with no shield. No bugs because it was too hot. Not kidding!

Your shooting at a "gas pipeline sign" ha ha ha .....

Lucky your bike and yourself are fine, even inside a garage you can fall hey ?? Be careful my friend ....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got to thinking how some folks may have gotten all bent out shape after such a fiasco.

The heat is seriously unbearable. Riding in a 98 °F with high humidity @ 60 mph does not cool you off. Nothing but hot air.

Two stops, 57 oz. of beer, and 2 blk&mild cigars takes the edge off everything including the heat. I do not recommend this to anyone. I've been doing this quite awhile.

I cannot stand just sitting in the AC, watching idiot box, or surfing the net.

The pic of the area where I shot my gun is only a block from my house. I did not hang around afterward! Nothing blew up.... :D

I made myself go home! Too much fun is not good.

Still can't believe I forgot my kickstand. I'll be looking for a slipstreamer shield. Hardware is good!

What an awesome day... belly is full of a McAlister's spud max right now. thumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I dread the day if i would forget my stand .... .... If you have a vision or CC it is all good .... But steel frame bike's ???? That sidestand could end up with huge damages

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
You're having a hell of a time.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I myself enjoy a nice double action revolver. Sweet and honest firearms.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If more people would see the value in living and breathing and spend more time being adventurous and having fun, you wouldn't be finding reasons to destroy life.

We all battle the demons in our heads, the dna/genes, our upbringing, being mistreated, not trusted, unloved, and loneliness, but you work it all out instead of taking it out on others. None of it lasts! It does change and it does get better.

That idgit that walked into the Chattanooga military center was unable to see the great gift of life and decided he would play God and take it.

Human beings often lack the skills mentally to control themselves at times and they are greatly afraid to reveal their struggles... and then it is too late. The damage is done.

I am sick to my stomach how these terrible things continue to happen.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two notes... because they are on my mind.

You do not drug women to have sex with them and you never ever put down a former VET especially if they were a POW.

See! We all are human and can change lives with our words and actions.

Go get a bike and go riding for crying out loud. cheersthumb up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered a new Slip-streamer replacement shield. Those teenie tiny bugs popping me in the face sting... huh? :mad:

I love the wind in my face and chest. It is strange riding without a shield when you always have one. I'm still adjusting.

I do worry about a stray bumble bee liking my face or a rock popping up from the cager ahead or coming out of nowhere.

I forgot how the shield gives you a secure feeling. I've been imagining hitting a tree or pole head on... then telling myself to shut up.

The mind is a terrible thing that can waste you unless you spank it every now and then. Show me one person who can totally control their thoughts while riding... you can't do it!

You're riding, you are a machine. You are running on instinct and too busy checking mirrors, speed, braking, adjusting britches, checking yourself in the mirror like you're some kind of stud muffin, and wouldn't you know it, a teenie bopper on her iphone pulls over on you without looking. This ain't fun! So you take out one of your water filled balloons and catch up to the perpetrator and toss it nonchalantly on her windshield. :D then take the next right... now we're having fun!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I just ordered a new Slip-streamer replacement shield. Those teenie tiny bugs popping me in the face sting... huh? :mad:

I love the wind in my face and chest. It is strange riding without a shield when you always have one. I'm still adjusting.

I do worry about a stray bumble bee liking my face or a rock popping up from the cager ahead or coming out of nowhere.

I forgot how the shield gives you a secure feeling. I've been imagining hitting a tree or pole head on... then telling myself to shut up.

The mind is a terrible thing that can waste you unless you spank it every now and then. Show me one person who can totally control their thoughts while riding... you can't do it!

You're riding, you are a machine. You are running on instinct and too busy checking mirrors, speed, braking, adjusting britches, checking yourself in the mirror like you're some kind of stud muffin, and wouldn't you know it, a teenie bopper on her iphone pulls over on you without looking. This ain't fun! So you take out one of your water filled balloons and catch up to the perpetrator and toss it nonchalantly on her windshield. :D then take the next right... now we're having fun!
LOL,
Be sure to stretch your back after you finish riding if you are riding without a shield.
It really helps to prevent back problems. There is a lot of force on your chest from the wind. Your back muscles will respond by getting stronger but since your are not really moving them they will also get shorter leading to back pain. Stretching out after the ride will prevent that.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL,
Be sure to stretch your back after you finish riding if you are riding without a shield.
It really helps to prevent back problems. There is a lot of force on your chest from the wind. Your back muscles will respond by getting stronger but since your are not really moving them they will also get shorter leading to back pain. Stretching out after the ride will prevent that.
No sweat! I have a back support. I adjusted that sucker and felt almost better than when I have a shield. :D I guess it's because it pushes me against it.

If it were not for flying objects, I'd go without! Shoot! In this 99° F temps, the bugs are hiding. If I go too late, they sneak out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts