Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering many options....batwings.....windshields....nothing....which is what I'm used to.....I decided to go with the Victory Mini Standard....It's pretty cheap compared to the batwing...It'll be my 1st one so, it's not that big of investment if I hate it......I read good things and hope for the best!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Would like to hear how it works out for you. I like the look of the mini but am concerned that it doesn't block enough wind. I spoke with Randy of Randy's Cycle here in IL. He said he sells a lot of the minis but the medium size does a much better job of blocking. I plan to keep mine on only during longer rides.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need it for longer trips and for my work commute which is substantial. My dealer sells a bunch of them to..In fact, I'm hoping mine comes in tomorrow because I'd like to have it on for this weekend in Americade or at least next week for Laconia...Hoping....I'll post a review asap...Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need it for longer trips and for my work commute which is substantial. My dealer sells a bunch of them to..In fact, I'm hoping mine comes in tomorrow because I'd like to have it on for this weekend in Americade or at least next week for Laconia...Hoping....I'll post a review asap...Thanks
Awesome, please do post pics! Considering one myself for my long commutes!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm going to sell my Mini Standard, give me time to take it off today and clean off the bugs so I can make sure there are no scratches.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...back from Americade....Here is a quick review of the Mini Standard...Install was a breeze...on in literally a few minutes...I noticed the front end was alittle heavier feeling...I expected that, but got used to it fast....It did a good job blocking the chest, arms and hands...Not 100% wind free on the hands but I wasn't tired at all from the trip....2 1/2 hour ride(at the posted speed limit)....I did notice some buffeting at high speeds...90+ on the thruway...and it was from the visor on my drifter helmet...at 75mph is was smooth as glass...but at 90, I was getting it off my helmet...Looks good, doesn't take away to much from the look of the bike....I'll post pics as soon as I have tome to figure it out from my phone...This week, I'll be heading up to Laconia on Thursday through Sunday....6 hour ride each way...Should be interesting......for the money, I think it's a reasonable step into a shield without dropping a big nut...especially if a shield isn't for you..I hope this laymans review helps anyone not sure...any questions, feel free to ask....Thanks!
Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok...back from Americade....Here is a quick review of the Mini Standard...Install was a breeze...on in literally a few minutes...I noticed the front end was alittle heavier feeling...I expected that, but got used to it fast....It did a good job blocking the chest, arms and hands...Not 100% wind free on the hands but I wasn't tired at all from the trip....2 1/2 hour ride(at the posted speed limit)....I did notice some buffeting at high speeds...90+ on the thruway...and it was from the visor on my drifter helmet...at 75mph is was smooth as glass...but at 90, I was getting it off my helmet...Looks good, doesn't take away to much from the look of the bike....I'll post pics as soon as I have tome to figure it out from my phone...This week, I'll be heading up to Laconia on Thursday through Sunday....6 hour ride each way...Should be interesting......for the money, I think it's a reasonable step into a shield without dropping a big nut...especially if a shield isn't for you..I hope this laymans review helps anyone not sure...any questions, feel free to ask....Thanks!

Rich
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the pics! What kind of phone do you have?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm looking to get one of these for my Vegas. Does the windshield come complete or do I need to buy a separate clamp set?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good looking bike and the windshield looks good on it. Did you lower your bike and if you did how much? I also like the bag you put on it, what kind is it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Sharp bike. Heck; you've got a small fortune just in wheels invested in this bike.

Have you considered removing the fork reflectors? It's something I always do to clean up the front end and if they are on the back; I remove them as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys...Sorry it took me so long to reply...I was in Laconia, and getting on a computer wasn't in the cards...lol...The bag is a Saddleman tunnel bag...It fits the bike well and is easy to install and remove and I installed a 1.5in. lowering link in it....as far as the Reflectors..I'll get to it eventually..When I relocate the plate, etc....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts