Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest motorcycle shop I've ever seen (Chester's Ft. Lauderdale HD). It's right next to an out of town client I am working at. I figured it would be a good way to spend 20 minutes of my lunch break. Motorcycle stuff is cool, right?

Mistake. There is not a single thing in that store that is not branded with huge HD logos and names. Parts, pegs, seats, bags, helmets, sunglasses, gloves, underwear, jackets, boots, socks, whatever. Nothing! WTF? I've never seen a company so friggin full of themselves. It's a bit creepy. I was approached by one of the sales girls and asked if I needed help. I said yea, I'm trying to find something that doesn't say HD on it. She said - oh, we used to have a bandanna that didn't have the logo on it. But we don't anymore. ugggh. I am so glad I am not a part of that brainwashed clan.

This may not be news to most of you but I just needed to vent.

·
Registered
931 Posts
But you would probably buy and wear anything with the victory logo right? There's no shame in wearing swag with your choice manufacturer on it. I have yamaha hat, a Victory hat and jacket. Though I might burn my vic swag when I trade it in

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
539 Posts
When I was in NC a few weeks ago, my wife wanted to stop at a motorcycle shop and see about getting a seat pad. I found what I thought was a HD dealer in Gatlinburg TN. We were heading up that way the next day anyway, so I thought we may find something. The HD dealership was just a HD clothing store. Sold nothing but HD swag, and it was damn busy in there. Say what you want about HD motorcycles but you can't deny they are a merchandising machine.

·
13,236 Posts
why would a H-D shop sell something other then there brand
What would you sell if it was your store

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I think he was hoping to see 'generic' stuff; things with no logos, or general motorcycle-themed items. Instead, everything is bar-and-shield.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I bought my boots at Harley shop... no logo on them.
I bought little chrome allen bolt plugs ... no logo on them (LOL)
My trunk rack is from Harley ... no logo on it.

Maybe you need to try a different store. ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Never been in a Victory dealership; is it the same way?!?!?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Seen other suppliers of certain things at HD Dealers .. But if look above the Door before you walk in tells you what to expect ..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Never been in a Victory dealership; is it the same way?!?!?
Most Victory dealers are used car lots with a couple bikes and if your lucky a stack of shirts and a couple hats.

Personally, the branded stuff doesn't bug me none as long as it isn't grossly overpriced. I wore Harley branded heated gloves for a couple seasons on Japanese machinery because I liked them. Mainly because they had large openings that fit great over my jackets. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I found that they worked better than any I'd had before or since really. They didn't have any kind of temperature regulation, but you'd think they did. My mitts never got too cold or too hot.

After one sprung a heater coil I went back to a set of Firstgears. They lasted less than a season, but I got the guy that sold them to me to send me another pair. They have a tiny opening that barely fits over my jackets and I had to buy a switch to regulate the temp myself. When these wear out, I'll be sporting the Harley logo on the Vic when the snow starts flyin.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
victory swag

being a hammer owner now i would like to see more vic stuff, having had a harley i must say they have lots of neat stuff. being a T-shirt guy i would like to see more variety. having a better motorcycle is best but victory should add dealers and promote their fine motorcycles MORE IMO

·
Registered
153 Posts
being a hammer owner now i would like to see more vic stuff, having had a harley i must say they have lots of neat stuff. being a T-shirt guy i would like to see more variety. having a better motorcycle is best but victory should add dealers and promote their fine motorcycles MORE IMO
We have like 5 Vic dealers in the Atlanta area and I've yet to see anything more than a hat or tee shirt in these places, all of them sell other bike brands too but all have the Vic bikes prominently displayed but no swag

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Yeah....their stuff has the bar and shield, but it's usually pretty good stuff. I have a pair of HD riding boots and gaiters. Bought the gaiters just before the rain moved in because we were near a dealership. They work great. Personally, I like what goes on easy, feels good and works. To me it's not the stuff....it's the attitude....I bought a Victory because I didn't want the status quo. BUT, I still like the made in China t-shirts from all over the country. What's wrong with this picture? Yeah I meant it....I like the t-shirts!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The biggest motorcycle shop I've ever seen (Chester's Ft. Lauderdale HD). It's right next to an out of town client I am working at. I figured it would be a good way to spend 20 minutes of my lunch break. Motorcycle stuff is cool, right?

Mistake. There is not a single thing in that store that is not branded with huge HD logos and names. Parts, pegs, seats, bags, helmets, sunglasses, gloves, underwear, jackets, boots, socks, whatever. Nothing! WTF? I've never seen a company so friggin full of themselves. It's a bit creepy. I was approached by one of the sales girls and asked if I needed help. I said yea, I'm trying to find something that doesn't say HD on it. She said - oh, we used to have a bandanna that didn't have the logo on it. But we don't anymore. ugggh. I am so glad I am not a part of that brainwashed clan.

This may not be news to most of you but I just needed to vent.
What did you expect in a Harley store? It's not Wal-Mart. The MoCo has one of the most recognized brands in the world and they most definitely capitalize on it. For reasons I don't quite understand, most Harley owners are rabid about buying that stuff. I have Harley-riding friends who I've never seen without Harley apparel. I have half a dozen Harley t-shirts myself, mostly because they have some great artwork on some of their shirts.

If you don't want to be a part of that "brainwashed clan", then spend your money elsewhere. But keep your derogatory comments to yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I might be a Vic T shirt... Maybe. I owned a couple HD's but only own 1 T shirt from Sturgis. I hate wearing stuff like that... When I raced motocross my biggest pet peeved was poser rocking motocross gear... T shirts and Hats are ok, jackets, Jersey's and stickers all over you **** not ok. That's what bugs me about HD stuff. Don't own one never owned one ain't going to ever own one, dong wear it period.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I might be a Vic T shirt... Maybe. I owned a couple HD's but only own 1 T shirt from Sturgis. I hate wearing stuff like that... When I raced motocross my biggest pet peeved was poser rocking motocross gear... T shirts and Hats are ok, jackets, Jersey's and stickers all over you **** not ok. That's what bugs me about HD stuff. Don't own one never owned one ain't going to ever own one, dong wear it period.

Come on Travis....you know that depends on the poser.....Blond, Brunette, Red Head....ain't nothin' the matter with some art appreciation (oh yeah...that's a sexist comment....I mean compliment)! thumb up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What did you expect in a Harley store? It's not Wal-Mart. The MoCo has one of the most recognized brands in the world and they most definitely capitalize on it. For reasons I don't quite understand, most Harley owners are rabid about buying that stuff. I have Harley-riding friends who I've never seen without Harley apparel. I have half a dozen Harley t-shirts myself, mostly because they have some great artwork on some of their shirts.

If you don't want to be a part of that "brainwashed clan", then spend your money elsewhere. But keep your derogatory comments to yourself.
First of all I'll express my comments as I wish buddy. You don't get to decide if I do that or not. And next you should ask yourself what you see in a Vic shop, a Yamaha shop, a Honda shop, or ANY other motorcycle dealer. I guess you haven't been in anything but a HD shop. I'm sorry to hear that. What you will find is some swag but lots and lots or generic motorcycle gear. I have a Victory, I certainly don't need to run around with every thing I own saying Victory on it. Nor do I need to "announce" to everyone I see that I own a Victory. Like most HD riders do. It's really pathetic.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Lol true that... You boys in the south don't really know what Lulu Lemon is yet.... The greatest invention to come out of Canada yet!!! Girls up this way don't wear HD shirts they wear tight black lulu lemons and tight low cut lulu lemon tops. When they are lounging that is. A night on the town still equals heels, tight jeans, low cut top.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Lol true that... You boys in the south don't really know what Lulu Lemon is yet.... The greatest invention to come out of Canada yet!!! Girls up this way don't wear HD shirts they wear tight black lulu lemons and tight low cut lulu lemon tops. When they are lounging that is. A night on the town still equals heels, tight jeans, low cut top.
We rode up to Quebec for a stay a few years back. I noticed all the people were slender and the girls/women all dressed very nicely. Around here, this is a night out on the town:

Please, don't let them start selling the Lulu stuff down here in size XXXXXXXL. My eyes can only take so much abuse!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts