Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as you read in the title i had a little accident the other niight. i was following a van and dodged a truck and car trailler at the last second and there was nowhere for me to go accept the back of this a$$ clowns trailler that was just parked in the middle of one of the main roads in wilmington nc so he could get directions from someone. first off i am fine, i got a broken eye socket and a bunch of sprains and brusies. my question is what do you think this bike is worth. the frame is broke and bent i called the dealler and that is two thousand. it has less than 5 thousand miles on it but the oil cooler line is busted and there is no oil in it. there is no telling how long the the layed there running without oil in it before someone decided to cut it off. i want to put it on craigs list but im not sure how to tell these people i dont want to try to start and potentialy cause more damage. what are your thoughts. and the bike is an 03 v92c ill post some pics in aa bit

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well what i would do is see if you can find an oil line. Get some oil and that way you know it has oil. Try firing it.
Do you have insurance. If so let them deal with it.
I would try the firing then see what happens on Craigslist. You never know. Mr even call Lloyds see if they want to buy the motor. Then part it out here ebay and all that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there it is i really dont want to put anymore money in it and i don't want to deal with shipping. im tired of looking at it i just want it gone

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
well as you read in the title i had a little accident the other niight. i was following a van and dodged a truck and car trailler at the last second and there was nowhere for me to go accept the back of this a$$ clowns trailler that was just parked in the middle of one of the main roads in wilmington nc so he could get directions from someone. first off i am fine, i got a broken eye socket and a bunch of sprains and brusies. my question is what do you think this bike is worth. the frame is broke and bent i called the dealler and that is two thousand. it has less than 5 thousand miles on it but the oil cooler line is busted and there is no oil in it. there is no telling how long the the layed there running without oil in it before someone decided to cut it off. i want to put it on craigs list but im not sure how to tell these people i dont want to try to start and potentialy cause more damage. what are your thoughts. and the bike is an 03 v92c ill post some pics in aa bit
Did the cops make a report? Who was cited? Maybe the a$$ clown's insurance will buy it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he was cited but i had been drinking and i don't have an endoresment and my insurance was liability only

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you were closer I would love to have it. What are you asking for it as it sits?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure what to ask for it. im thinking about two thousand and letting them talk me down to just under a thousand

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Pull the plug wires and see if it cranks. If it does, the engine is prolly fine. The tip over switch likely shut it down immediately.

·
Registered
121 Posts
he was cited but i had been drinking and i don't have an endoresment and my insurance was liability only
How much had you been drinking?

Glad to hear you are ok. A kid died yesterday about 4 miles from my plant on his Ducati. I used to work with him about 8-9 years ago.

·
Registered
813 Posts
im not sure what to ask for it. im thinking about two thousand and letting them talk me down to just under a thousand
Probably a good price. I would like to have it for the motor and transmission. I have a 99, and would love to have a backup. I hope you can sell it. Just to much for me at a $1000 and not knowing. Its a good drive for me to come and get it too. Live in Southern Indiana.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pull the plug wires and see if it cranks. If it does, the engine is prolly fine. The tip over switch likely shut it down immediately.
what do you mean pull the plug wires and see if it cranks, if i did that it woulndt crank. and i dont think it has a tip over switch, i layed it down one time in the yard and it didn't shut off

·
Registered
774 Posts
well there it is i really dont want to put anymore money in it and i don't want to deal with shipping. im tired of looking at it i just want it gone
Oh Hell, that will buff out. Restore it and learn all about your bike doing it. Put it out of your mind for 6 months, by then you will want to fix it.thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much had you been drinking?

Glad to hear you are ok. A kid died yesterday about 4 miles from my plant on his Ducati. I used to work with him about 8-9 years ago.
sorry to here about your boy. i had a bunch to drink i was pretty much tore back but even the investigating officer said that it didn't matter i could have been sober and i still would have collided with it there was just no place to go

·
Registered
75 Posts

I'm glad you are alright, but seriously?? :crzy: Get yourself to an MSF course and maybe utilize some more common sense about drinking and riding/driving!!!

As far as your bike, unless you plan on finding out the true extent of the damage (to see if it is worth someone salvaging it) I would part it out. Pain in the rear, but you would likely come out ahead compared to selling it as a parts bike in one piece.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oh Hell, that will buff out. Restore it and learn all about your bike doing it. Put it out of your mind for 6 months, by then you will want to fix it.thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm glad you are alright, but seriously?? :crzy: Get yourself to an MSF course and maybe utilize some more common sense about drinking and riding/driving!!!

As far as your bike, unless you plan on finding out the true extent of the damage (to see if it is worth someone salvaging it) I would part it out. Pain in the rear, but you would likely come out ahead compared to selling it as a parts bike in one piece.
come on now you should knnow we all do sensless things when there is women and alcohol involved and in my case there was both:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Insurance regulations vary a bit from state to state, but out here they look at the proximate cause of the accident. I'm sure the fact that you your drinking could arguably be a factor, but it is not 100% of the reason for the crash. That means you should still have a legitimate claim with the guy who was cited.

An accident is not always 100% one person's fault; in fact they often are not. In those cases, the insurance company pays for the percentage their driver is at fault. So if they deem him to be 75% to blame for being in the middle of the road at night with no lights, and you 25% for being impaired while riding, they still pay 75% of the replacement value of your bike plus 75% of the value of your medical bills/injury claim.

My advice to you would be to obtain a copy of the police report. The officer should have indicated the primary reason for the accident on the report. If it attributes any blame to the other driver, get a claim filed through his insurance carrier.

Something else to think about... if you are deemed to be any percentage at fault for the crash, his insurance can come after you for that percentage of the damage to his vehicle as well. Just something to bear in mind if there was any damage done.

Just something to consider.
Good luck and heal quickly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Insurance regulations vary a bit from state to state, but out here they look at the proximate cause of the accident. I'm sure the fact that you your drinking could arguably be a factor, but it is not 100% of the reason for the crash. That means you should still have a legitimate claim with the guy who was cited.
Except it appears he was cited as well and he will show a comparable negligence for not being endorsed, and for the alcohol use. Not to mention a person is supposed to drive with a proper speed/following distance so that you can stop in time not to hit another vehicle which seems like it might not have been the case.

You can always try to go after the other persons insurance and see what happens, but I think the claim will be denied.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts