Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used different lines than the OEM?

I know they currently available for $40-50. Seems a lot for some hose.

https://buywitchdoctors.com/p/613865/cheese-wedges-victory-cross-country-engine-components-shop-parts-accessories-tube-polaris-sc-584/

I can see some fine cracks forming on mine so I'll need to replace when it starts leaking. Isn't anything close to what is shown in pic on there but I'm looking at replacement before year end to stay ahead of it.

·
13,038 Posts
head over to NAPA and ask them. Take the bike so they could take a look at yours.
What does ebay have

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I replaced mine with fuel line, works fine. The smaller one was 1/4" I.D. larger one might have been 1/2" I.D. but cannot remember.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That helps. I'm going on a multi state trip this weekend so I don't want to mess with pulling off yet I'll probably destroy them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Has anyone used different lines than the OEM?

I know they currently available for $40-50. Seems a lot for some hose.

https://buywitchdoctors.com/p/613865/cheese-wedges-victory-cross-country-engine-components-shop-parts-accessories-tube-polaris-sc-584/

I can see some fine cracks forming on mine so I'll need to replace when it starts leaking. Isn't anything close to what is shown in pic on there but I'm looking at replacement before year end to stay ahead of it.
I am assuming you are referring to the rubber connector piece on the end where it attaches to the iac as the lines themselves are a hard plastic formed to make the turns. (hence the cost) You would think they would sell that connector piece separately. You should be able to find rubber hose to fit. Yea that center one is larger id than the other 2. While your at it you may want to replace the 2 rubber connectors on the lines at throttle bodies.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am assuming you are referring to the rubber connector piece on the end where it attaches to the iac as the lines themselves are a hard plastic formed to make the turns. (hence the cost) You would think they would sell that connector piece separately. You should be able to find rubber hose to fit. Yea that center one is larger id than the other 2. While your at it you may want to replace the 2 rubber connectors on the lines at throttle bodies.
I thought that looked like plastic. Rubber on ends has no hope to last attached to two rigid points. I was thinking to replace the entire line but I suppose only the ends might be replaceable.

The difficulty is in reaching the lines. They sure didn't leave room to work.

I'm not sure where those other two rubbers you refer to are located. Have to do some more looking.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I replaced mine with fuel line, works fine. The smaller one was 1/4" I.D. larger one might have been 1/2" I.D. but cannot remember.
And just to be clear, I completely replaced the hard lines.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I thought you meant. Fuel line as you said or I can order silicone lines both will last longer than cheap rubber.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought that looked like plastic. Rubber on ends has no hope to last attached to two rigid points. I was thinking to replace the entire line but I suppose only the ends might be replaceable.

The difficulty is in reaching the lines. They sure didn't leave room to work.

I'm not sure where those other two rubbers you refer to are located. Have to do some more looking.
The lines wrap around the jugs and up to the front and other to backside of the throttle body just above the fuel injectors. The middle one goes to the bottom of the air intake And yes they are a pita to work with. You got to remove the coil pack and work from the left side, and hang over the tank toward the right side to see what your doing. Hope you got small hands. Hang on to that connector so you can cut the 3 hoses to the proper length as the middle one is a different length.
I found that a little silicone grease helped a lot to slip the lines on.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh wow. Mine aren't like that. At least the parts I can see. I just see what appears to be hairline cracks starting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, it idles like chit. It started doing alot of popping and rumbling when letting off throttle and almost stalling when coming to a stop. Thought it may have been bad gas. Then was going to order plug wires. But after reading some of the threads, I decided to check the vacuum lines, and that's what I found. Can't believe it still runs.

·
13,038 Posts
Dan050

get plug wires from witchdoctor OEM ones are not very good

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
New assembly showed up today. 3 days sooner than what it said at checkout. Took about half hour to swap out. WOW, what a difference that made.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My bike almost didn't make it home from a 1831 mile week.
Didn't want to stay running. Start and immediately run crappy and die. Starting to think it's IAC related or battery. Got some investigating to do.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My bike almost didn't make it home from a 1831 mile week.
Didn't want to stay running. Start and immediately run crappy and die. Starting to think it's IAC related or battery. Got some investigating to do.
I'll bet you find a vacuum leak. and sounds like a big one ... acceleration and riding speeds are probably ok.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll bet you find a vacuum leak. and sounds like a big one ... acceleration and riding speeds are probably ok.
That's the weird thing it's been fine all week. I've only had idle issues couple times and only thing I could see is some fine age related cracks in rubber on IAC hoses. Nothing really big. Unless all the idling on the stopped interstate made the cracks bigger?

The voltage reading on dash is low like under 12V while it runs like crap. Doesn't recover until bike gets running good. Which is what makes me think maybe battery too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts