Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and Phil rode a 1031 miles in just under 22hrs as part of an international memorial ride last September sponsored by the Iron Butt Association, yesterday I finally got my certificates. (there was a delay with the patches)

We did this in conjunction with the Tour Of Honor Memorial ride stopping at all 7 memorials in Virginia. I rode in honor of my Father, a WWII vet and My Uncle Wayne, a 26 year retired air force maintenance chief who served in Korea and Vietnam. Both men are deeply missed and true examples of a mans man who gave all for all. Phil rode in memory of the many soldiers he conducted burial services for during his tour in the Army.

I hope more of my fellow riders will want to join me this year and ride this again. More information can be found on the IBA website. I was really impressed with IBA's certificates as well as the patch and pin. All will be proudly displayed and it really made this ride something to remember. A few other riders just south of me also made the ride last year. I strongly encourage anyone wanting to do something like this to read and heed the tips, ask for some assistance from those making this style of ride before and PLAN well in advance! I will say this was one of the most memorable rides I have ever been on and am VERY much looking forward to 2013 as well as helping others pick up the torch as well!

Safe ridin all!!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts