Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did complete a Saddle Sore 1000 last Wednesday. The ride went mostly as planned. Of course, we left late. And oddly enough, there was a road closure that added 60 miles (or so). I did the ride with my girlfriend, which added a couple of minutes at every stop, but made the trip more enjoyable.

http://goo.gl/maps/Raba4

That's the route via Google. It was 1091 miles on my Vegas' odometer and Google is saying 1073.

I left at 6:50 am. And arrived back at 3:30am. So it took a good while. The route has very little freeway on it, which is the kind of riding I prefer, but perhaps not the smartest route choice for this ride, as it added quite a bit of time, going through all of the small towns, stop lights, two lane roads, and such.

The only "issue" is that it was also far colder than I expected, throughout the entire ride. I brought with me all of my coldest weather gear, not expecting to use it, but boy was I wrong. I think it was at most 60 degrees and there was a stretch in the 30's. I remember seeing a sign in Phoenix at 3am, saying it was 66 degrees, and I could swear it was the warmest I had felt all day.

The fatigue of riding on a Vegas for that many hours certainly took it's toll. Even with my front windshield, there's still a lot of wind to hold yourself up against. But it was indeed a blast. And the scenery was amazing. Really, really awesome.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. You choice of bike and road makes that ride even harder. Good job and glad you and your GF made it home safe and sound. It is a journey...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Iron Butt

Congrats. Now if your up to another one check out the Phoenix Motorcycle Riding Group. They have one coming up and also the Motor Cycle Awareness (Can You See Me Know) Ride coming up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well done bro and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Well done CoffeeSnob. I am sure you have registered for the Ironbutt but is there any recognition for your girl friend? She endured just as many miles on that increasingly hard seat as you did after all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The IBA does indeed have a passenger accomplishment. I will say, she was kinda falling asleep at the end there. But she was an amazing passenger to have along...never complained, always happy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The IBA does indeed have a passenger accomplishment. I will say, she was kinda falling asleep at the end there. But she was an amazing passenger to have along...never complained, always happy.
Hey, ya gotta love a good woman like her! Congrats!

cheers

·
Registered
810 Posts
Congratz! that looks like a 100% more technical route than I took! good on ya! & your lady too!

thumb upcheersthumb up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts