Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm simple (yea I know) but WTF? I know it's to raise awareness and it's doing that but it's also a charity and you are suppose to donate if you don't pour a bucket of ice water on your head. Is anybody donating to the charity or just posting a bunch of videos? My wife was nominated today and did the ice water I'm going to donate.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I think its more a tuned to doing the "ice bucket challenge" more so then an incentive to donate to the charity. Its counter productive. The challenge should be so bad you would rather donate than say ---' Eat the dried up white dog turd challenge" who the hell would do that? I see many donations made. cheers

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
People who do this make it about them. They rarely include a link for where to donate.

I made a sizable donation to ALSA ( www.alsa.org )
Tomorrow is the Hunter's Heroes poker run and auction.
Sunday I am volunteering my labor all day for yet another charity.
Next weekend is our 'adopt a highway' road clean up.
We are already planning our 'Christmas in April' event.

None of that requires me to dump a bucket of ice water over my head.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife did the bucket of ice water I made the donation.

I think that worked out rather well.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The challenge should be so bad you would rather donate than say ---' Eat the dried up white dog turd challenge" who the hell would do that?
Hmmm, if it was between the dried white one or a fresh one, I'd munch on the dried white one. I know, folks say fresh is best but in this case I'd think not.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
People who do this make it about them. They rarely include a link for where to donate.

I made a sizable donation to ALSA ( www.alsa.org )
Tomorrow is the Hunter's Heroes poker run and auction.
Sunday I am volunteering my labor all day for yet another charity.
Next weekend is our 'adopt a highway' road clean up.
We are already planning our 'Christmas in April' event.

None of that requires me to dump a bucket of ice water over my head.
thumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I'd double my donation if I can dump a bucket of ice water on someone with ALS!

Now THAT, was so politically incorrect I'll have to deny that I wrote that right now, before anyone complains.

I never said that, I didn't mean that, I'm sorry if anyone was offended, obviously it was a joke, a bad joke, my computer was hacked and someone else wrote that, I was drunk when I said it, my dog was using my computer....

P.S. My mom died of ALS, it is a terrible disease, aren't most of them? I just wish the hundreds of millions given to disease research had a better outcome, we don't seem to be making the sort of progress with cures you'd think we should with such infusion of $$$$$$ for so many years.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'd double my donation if I can dump a bucket of ice water on someone with ALS!

Now THAT, was so politically incorrect I'll have to deny that I wrote that right now, before anyone complains.

I never said that, I didn't mean that, I'm sorry if anyone was offended, obviously it was a joke, a bad joke, my computer was hacked and someone else wrote that, I was drunk when I said it, my dog was using my computer....

P.S. My mom died of ALS, it is a terrible disease, aren't most of them? I just wish the hundreds of millions given to disease research had a better outcome, we don't seem to be making the sort of progress with cures you'd think we should with such infusion of $$$$$$ for so many years.
If researchers do ever figure out how to cure all diseases, I'd like to know what the hell we're going to do with the population explosion. Who is going to pay for all the 102 year olds?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
thumb upthumb upthumb up
It rained its ass off all day for the poker run. Lots of money was made for cancer research. Puss won a door prize (tickets to the Marine Museum and boat ride) but gave it away to a young couple with 2 kids. The guy who won the poker run let the charity keep the money (in the true spirit of selfless giving). The food was great, the company was great, the chicks were hot, the riding was fun, and it was worth getting soaked for a good cause.

Puss got challenged to do the ice bucket thing today. No one tells Puss what to do... that's why she works for herself.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
It rained its ass off all day for the poker run. Lots of money was made for cancer research. Puss won a door prize (tickets to the Marine Museum and boat ride) but gave it away to a young couple with 2 kids. The guy who won the poker run let the charity keep the money (in the true spirit of selfless giving). The food was great, the company was great, the chicks were hot, the riding was fun, and it was worth getting soaked for a good cause.

Puss got challenged to do the ice bucket thing today. No one tells Puss what to do... that's why she works for herself.
That's the Spirit!

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This period last year donations were 2.5 million this year with all the attention it's at 79.7 million.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts