Looks like xBow.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Giant exhaust for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Dustin- see your New thread on removing the baffles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
XBow prob same weight as stock.
The baffles are easy to remove & you can cut them off in sections to get to the desired noise level if you want.

I have these pipes and they deff are not garbage.
But I removed the baffles completely and it sounds great & nice power gain.

You prob won't like them much unless you do something with the baffles.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
But I removed the baffles completely and it sounds great & nice power gain.
I don't know the exact science but it's a common misconception that removing baffles gives you more power- with no baffles there's no air pressure and it creates a vacuum, and you actually lose a little bit of power- not much but you do.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The RPW slash pipes produce the most power next to the Bassani Road rage according to the dyno charts I have seen. The RPW baffle fits in the Xbow... I would yank the cats and fire the RPW baffles in and voila!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know the exact science but it's a common misconception that removing baffles gives you more power- with no baffles there's no air pressure and it creates a vacuum, and you actually lose a little bit of power- not much but you do.
Its called scavenging.
The pipes still have the Cats in the head pipes that creates plenty of back pressure.
I'm not an idiot I actually own the pipes and can guarantee there is more power with the baffles removed.
When I had no cats & no baffles is when the power went down.
Have you ever owned these pipes or done a back to back comparison of any pipes with the baffles & then removed them?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
BRT... Nobody said you where an idiot. Just having a discussion man, chill the **** out. Dustin I just spoke to a buddy and he cut his Xbow quite short after putting his RPW baffles in. After the cuts where made he painted with BBQ paint then wrapped his pipes... Trying to get him to send me a picture. They look sick wrapped with no heat shields on them. I would personally remove those cats but that's just me. BRT is 100% correct about needing cats or baffles to hold a certain back pressure or you will get scavenging. You don't need both though.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Its called scavenging.
The pipes still have the Cats in the head pipes that creates plenty of back pressure.
I'm not an idiot I actually own the pipes and can guarantee there is more power with the baffles removed.
When I had no cats & no baffles is when the power went down.
Have you ever owned these pipes or done a back to back comparison of any pipes with the baffles & then removed them?
BRT- sorry man I never implied you were an idiot. Yes I had Xbows and fiddled around leaving the baffles in or out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I removed the baffles today, much improved, actually sounds really good.

Have not done much else as I was working on the xc air ride, that is a fiasco in it's own.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Have not done much else as I was working on the xc air ride, that is a fiasco in it's own.
I am realliy looking forward to seeing the results

1 - 15 of 15 Posts