Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 kingpin. What's the procedure to relearn idel and iac after disconnect of battery? Thanx
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,254 Posts
Not sure what your asking. Disconnect the battery and hooking one up there should be nothing to re learn.

Are you saying you add something or did something and now what should you do.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like on some cars when you remove power to the ecu, it has relearn where the idle point is supposed to be.

I found a post on another forum for the IAC. Which was,
Disconnect the IAC start bike till the engine light comes on, shut down.
Reconnect the IAC, open the ignition switch the fuel pump and the IAC energize close the switch repeat 3 times at which time the engine light should be out and start the bike.

I dont have a service manual for my year, and I keep hearing there are differences between 07 08 and 09

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I also don't see why you would have to reset anything. ECU has its own battery to rely on for when the bike's battery is dead.

...I dont have a service manual for my year, and I keep hearing there are differences between 07 08 and 09
07 is very different than 08, but 08 and 09 should be nearly identical if not identical. Want the 08 manual?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@CrossRoads sure thanx,

@Jackpot RI thats kinda what I did

I wanted to reset it cause its running foolishly at times. Stumbles at take from a light, thats an easy take off. Like just starting an easy roll on the throttle.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
@CrossRoads sure thanx,

I wanted to reset it cause its running foolishly at times. Stumbles at take from a light, thats an easy take off. Like just starting an easy roll on the throttle.
Did it fix the issue?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems to have taken care so far. Rode highway this morning that was always fine. Started up good will see this afternoon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,254 Posts
@CrossRoads sure thanx,

Why didn't you tell us this in the first place. We can only help when you give all information.
So who ever reads this don't hold back cause you'll only cause more problems for your self.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh lol. Well here's an update on last leg of my day today.

The bike rode very sweetly on the highway cooking at 85 without an issue which is normal :) No stumbles at take off just about the thing would be exhaust pop. I paid very close attention to it. And it goes like this

Lets say 4th gear rpms are high and constant, roll off the throttle to 0% and POP. I basically I can do on command lol. I think it was any gear going from high rpm like maybe 2.5k or so I have no tach, and rolling out to 0% throttle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts