Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some issues with my Bike dieing at red lights and sometimes hard to start after a long ride. Reading through the forums I decided to try cleaning my throttle body. I posted about that in this thread. Anyway it has made a huge difference.

My question. I thought I read somewhere that the bike should idle around 900 to 1000 RPM, which it did, when it would stay running before I cleaned the throttle body. Now it is idling closer to 1300 to 1500 RPM. Is this something I should try an correct? Is this normal?

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is an adjustment screw under the left side of the tank that you can adjust the idle. It is located right at the throttle body. Just turn it down some and you should be fine. You do not need to remove the tank. A long philips screwdriver should do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an adjustment screw under the left side of the tank that you can adjust the idle. It is located right at the throttle body. Just turn it down some and you should be fine. You do not need to remove the tank. A long philips screwdriver should do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
So it should be around 1000 RPM?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
So it should be around 1000 RPM?
Hoffdog is point on. Do your regular start and warm up, ensure fast idle is pushed in and handle bars straight, the adjust with the long phillips. Don't be backing it off to get that little lope at 800 either. :ltr: That aint no HD... hehehehe After I adjusted mine the first time that is how I know the TB's are grunging up, the idle drops a little and a little harder starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts