Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Cross Country with 12,000 miles and it's time to start with upgrades. I already have the Victory back rest and luggage rack. I am considering a hydraulic clutch and exhaust upgrade although I am not sure which exhaust.

I am looking for ideas about all possible upgrades. I plan to spend about $2k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering a paint job but I will probably save that as a year 4 or 5 upgrade after the original paint job is more scratched up.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yeah...you at least want to get your money's worth out of the OEM paint. Maybe the next thing would be either audio upgrade (amp + speakers), GPS (if you don't have one)...or lighting. I gotta tell ya...lots of little stuff, but not many major upgrades for me. I'm pretty happy leaving the engine and exhaust and fuel management alone.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
The exhaust is a must IMHO. Can't stand the sewing machine sound. Ness Honkers and Atom Bomb are both reasonably priced. I de-baffled mine and am quite pleased with the sound (only $100 too) Lots of others to choose from.
LLoydz timing wheel, air filter, and PCV, made this thing run like it should! Modest investment makes a HUGE difference in performance and ride-ability (less heat, smoother, faster revving, more fun:)
Stereo was also a great return for the money also. Rockford amp and speakers (lots to choose from, Polks are popular, use the search). Less than $500 and much better sound quality, not just "louder".
Yes I have done all these, and I have not had one moment of regret. I made the mistake with my last bike (HD) to rush out and buy every little bolt-on that caught my eye. I regretted it later. It's sort of a good thing they don't make that many accessories for the XC :)

Take your time, research, and have fun!
BTW, we'll need pics....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If money were no object it would become a 1937 Crocker.

·
Registered
190 Posts
a new Wife

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
116" kit with supercharger, cams, tuner, etc but I would leave it looking mostly stock. I love a sleeper :)

·
Premium Member
13,406 Posts
A 6 degree rake with 23" chrome wheel and wrap around fender. It's the one thing I want but don't have.

For you though, with just $2k to spend, I'd go with the Hacker True Dual exhaust system, Lloydz timing wheel and air filter, and a PCV w/AT. I think you would be more than pleased with this set up. If you are handy with a wrench you could install the Lloydz cams when you have another 5-6 hundred bucks or have it done for around $1200. Then just leave the motor alone and make the bike your own aesthetically.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
If I were truly not worried about a budget I would include cams, custom paint, speaker saddlebag lids, 23" front wheel kit, Lock and Ride trunk for touring. Maybe some Ness bars while I'm at it.
Don't want much :D

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If money were truly no object I'd have a full blown custom XCT. 26" front wheel extended bags front n rear air stereo pretty much everything you could think of including performance mods.

I'd prob also have a fairly stock looking Vision with all the performance mods. Also a kingpin and an HD or two. And the list goes on.

Hey you said if money was no object.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have a 2013 Cross Country with 12,000 miles and it's time to start with upgrades. I already have the Victory back rest and luggage rack. I am considering a hydraulic clutch and exhaust upgrade although I am not sure which exhaust.

I am looking for ideas about all possible upgrades. I plan to spend about $2k.
$2K isn't EXACTLY a "money no object" kind of figure for these bikes but I can list what I have done for $400 less than your modest target figures:
  • Ness Thunder Header Exhaust ($800)
  • Lloyds Ari filter ($125)
  • Power Commander V ($350)
  • KlockWerks windscreen ($175)
  • Madstadt Brackets ($150)
    NOTE: The only thing I would add to bring this up to the $2K mark would be the JTD lowers for the forged bars ($400)
If money were TRULY no object to the above list I would add:
  • Have Ryland Vos do about $3K of engine work using Lloyd's products (110, cams, etc)
  • Replace the stock forks with a Ness Rake Kit ($900)
  • Replace the stock front frame with the HotVic one that allows Torq Tubes ($1k?)
  • Add the torq tubes to get more air into the XC engine ($300?)
  • Replace the stock wheel with a 26" TRUE one-off custom ($5,000)
  • 26-inch tire ($600)
    etc..
116" kit with supercharger, cams, tuner, etc but I would leave it looking mostly stock. I love a sleeper :)
I like the way you think but how (in the WORLD) would you be able to "hide" a supercharger on one of these bikes? :rolleyes: It would stick out like a sore thumb!:D In a GOOD way!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
$2k...hum...drop on cams, timing wheel, PCV... and WD pipes. Finish it off with a dyno tune.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A lot of great suggestions

My bike is in storage at the dealership and they are waiting for me to place my order. Based on the suggestions I will go with the Ness Thunderheader Exhaust and the 26" front wheel. Thanks for everyone's advice.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
It wouldn't matter if I had the money or not, there is nothing I want for the bike right now.
This thread got me thinking... I added up everything I spent on this bike since April 2007.
The bike Plus....
Performance:
104" engine
S&S airbox
TTI airbox
4 exhaust systems
2 fuel contollers
110" engine/new trans
31 tooth front pulley
Clutch spring and support plate
Accessories:
4 seats
Ness lay-down plate
Tach
2 pairs of grips
Tsukayu bags
US Saddlebags
MRA Screen
Paint Job
Lloydz cheese wedge
Baracuda tank badges

Not including maintenance stuff like brake rotors the total comes too... I'm embarassed to say it... roughly $28,500. Probably couldn't sell it for $8500, but it is the perfect bike for me, and as far as I'm concerned irreplaceable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts