Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice suspension and rims, but based on looks, it appears the COG of that thing might make it awfully top heavy. At least they didn't saddle it with forward pegs ala the Ness "cafe" bike.

The fact that is has rear set pegs is what made me think it would be a good ride.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And if they did they wouldn't sell many. Not their market, and too small a market. Even HD fell on their face with Buell.
Possibly. But their market is a little obit odd as it pulls from both metric Japanese and HD crowd. With the intro of indian some of the would be converts from HD May be making the switch to indian instead.

Done right I think that they could pull it off. The Buell was, IMHO, a piece of crap. While working under the HD shadow Buell was faced with massive handicaps all over. He was stuck with their shitty power plant that he had to modify to make even remotely useful and had to make little things like the blast for their training program. Buell was never a sport oriented bike and his focus was extremely broad.

The issue that I believe would kill the bike is the high price compared to Japanese competition. When fighting the Japanese is the sport related bike arena the bang for buck is key. Very few, like Ducati, are able to pull it off. The reason they seem to be is because of the crowd the cater to, well off upper to middle aged fellow.

I'll just keep on dreaming...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like it and I like it a lot! Victory does not have to do the Heritage thing any longer. There efforts have been half assed, see Judge & SC.

They should try something different. Get the seat off the ground, offer reasonable ground clearance, suspension and brakes worthy of aggressive riding and let's go!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus when you're riding it you look like you're fucking a turtle.:ltr:

I'm not seeing the whole title thing, but whatever floats your boat.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Long chassis v-twin sportbikes are just my cup-o-tea. My 1st gen mille is the one bike that fits me better than any other (yes, including my victory though that one is certainly more comfortable). At 6'5" with fairly long arms and a longish torso, a nice stretched out tank and some mildly aggressive rearsets put my body in just the right position to rest my hands lightly on the clipons. With liter supersports getting smaller and smaller every year it's a challenge to find anything modern that I can ride without being excessively cramped. That hesketh doesn't strike me as being anything resembling an aprilia killer but it sure would be fun to throw a leg over at the track.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Perhaps the upcoming liquid cooled Victorys will look something like that. Factory drawings published so far, indicate that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had a buell blast that I was given as payment in a loan. I enjoyed the **** out of that bike for what it was. At just over three hundred fifty pounds it was fun in the twisties and two guys could easily lift it into and out of the bed of a truck.

It wasn't really my kind of bike so I didn't keep it long but it was enjoyable in its own way.

2012 Vegas 8 ball
Memphis TN

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So, Polaris has spent big on creating an international presence with Victory shingles getting hung across the globe. In every one of those markets except North America, Victory and Indian are monster displacement luxury motorcycles. The market in the rest of the world is for motorcycles that provide economical transportation. Think Hummer versus Subaru.

Now I'm Mr. Vic and I have done the hard work of building a global dealer network. What to do next... what to do? Maybe add more baggers to the lineup? Nah. Not much market in the sarong wearing zip codes. Hey how about a big bore sport bike? How many of those are wanting in Delhi or Ankara or Hanoi? We can wish. I wish my name was Leno or McQueen. We own a product from a multinational motorsports conglomerate. We got Indian. That's more of a nod to silverback dreams than I would ever have guessed. It's a safe bet that considering the time and investment in valenced fenders that wad is shot. Done, fini, kaput, over, history. We're a niche market in this hemisphere. We ain't even a blip on the global scale.

Given the markets they are growing and the needs of those markets the smart money will be to field machines that can sell to third worlders. What we have is what we get and in due time we won't have this.

·
Premium Member
8,971 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts