Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here i am riding home from work today. on a 4 lane county road about 2 miles from the city limits. i am in the outside lane going the posted 55 mph speed limit. i have a car beside me on the inside lane..actually about 10-12 feet behind me going the same speed.

a woman behind her apparently cant wait for the car beside me to pass so she veers across my lane and passes me on the shoulder of the road...kicking sand and gravel all over me.

after passing me she veers all the way back over to the inside lane again and just so happens to get caught at the light a half a mile ahead. i pull up beside her ...start yellin and cussin and salutin her with my middle finger.

she never looks my way. we both are stuck behind vehicles for another half mile to the next light. i start my tirade on her again. she never looks my way. we go another half mile and come upon a wreck where i get over in front of her ...give her another salute and cuss some more. the cop standing there gives me a wtf ? look . i holler at him saying that ignorant ass woman behind me damn near caused me to wreck kicking gravel all over me by passing on the shoulder. he gives her a wtf? look and goes back to writing his report.

**** like this is why i don't carry a gun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
**** like that is exactly why I DO carry a gun. By all legalities, I have every right to defend myself if I feel that my life is in danger. That sounds like a life threatening situation. Had I missed at 55, there would at least be a few holes in the trunk. The bitch would have known I was there.

Glad you're OK.

The epitome of narcissism. I surely hope she got where she was going in time by saving that extra 4 seconds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
**** like that is exactly why I DO carry a gun. By all legalities, I have every right to defend myself if I feel that my life is in danger. That sounds like a life threatening situation. Had I missed at 55, there would at least be a few holes in the trunk. The bitch would have known I was there.

Glad you're OK.

The epitome of narcissism. I surely hope she got where she was going in time by saving that extra 4 seconds.
Not saying she wouldn't have deserved it but I think if you shoot at her from behind like that you'd be in the wrong legally. You wouldn't have been in danger at that point. If she was still next to you I think it would have been a different story.
I have heard of some people carrying a pocket full of ball bearing for just such an occasion. Pull in front of the asshole driver and let them "fall out" of your pocket. Gets the point across and "I'm sorry officer, they must have already been in the road and got kicked up by my bike" is a good excuse if you happen to get pulled over.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have also heard of guys using the ball bearings... Only problem with that is your throw those at a vehicle not knowing who you may be fucking with... Then you end up getting shot in the back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not saying she wouldn't have deserved it but I think if you shoot at her from behind like that you'd be in the wrong legally. You wouldn't have been in danger at that point. If she was still next to you I think it would have been a different story.
I have heard of some people carrying a pocket full of ball bearing for just such an occasion. Pull in front of the asshole driver and let them "fall out" of your pocket. Gets the point across and "I'm sorry officer, they must have already been in the road and got kicked up by my bike" is a good excuse if you happen to get pulled over.

I probably would not have shot, but I would have made absolutely certain that she was aware of what she had done. Tapping on drivers side window and.................

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
here i am riding home from work today. on a 4 lane county road about 2 miles from the city limits. i am in the outside lane going the posted 55 mph speed limit. i have a car beside me on the inside lane..actually about 10-12 feet behind me going the same speed.
Why would you allow a car to put you in the position of blocking the traffic? Sounds to me like you could easily have got the **** out of the way.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would you allow a car to put you in the position of blocking the traffic? Sounds to me like you could easily have got the **** out of the way.
as i stated i was traveling along in the out side lane. a car had come up beside me and for what ever reason had slowed down to the speed limit.

who knows why the car beside me had slowed down to the speed limit. ?

pick a reason
1. coming up to a redlight
2. speed limit drops down to 45 on the other side of the light
3. coulda had a helluva radar detector to detect cops a mile ahead that was working a wreck
4. coulda just slowed down to piss that woman off coming up behind them kinda fast

i think i am a pretty cautious rider and try to be pro active to avoid getting in precarious situations but who the hell woulda thought this woman would come up on that car beside me..shoot across my lane to the shoulder ...zip by me then shoot back across to the inside lane only to have to slow down due to a vehicle in each lane ahead that were slowing down to stop at a red light .

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
You were not cautious at all. You let a car put you in the position of blocking faster traffic. Then you wouldn't get out of the way.
You can blame everyone else, but the guy on the bike will be the road pizza. You, as the potential dead guy are responsible for finding a solution to **** like that. It is obvious that both of the car drivers were stupid. Did you think they were going to fix it? All you needed to do was get out of the way and let the faster traffic go.cheers

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I am so glad I have my young, immature, angry years way behind me. Were I in a scenario like the OP's, I would just be grateful she didn't clobber me and silently wish her an early engine failure and go on my way a little wiser.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would just be grateful she didn't clobber me and silently wish her an early engine failure and go on my way a little wiser.
:ltr: More restraint then I got buddy :ltr:

·
Registered
169 Posts
You were not cautious at all. You let a car put you in the position of blocking faster traffic. Then you wouldn't get out of the way.
You can blame everyone else, but the guy on the bike will be the road pizza. You, as the potential dead guy are responsible for finding a solution to **** like that. It is obvious that both of the car drivers were stupid. Did you think they were going to fix it? All you needed to do was get out of the way and let the faster traffic go.cheers
There was a car beside him and two cars ahead slowing for a red light...aside from breaking traffic laws and impeading traffic, what would you have done exactly? Better yet, why don't you shut the **** up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have also heard of guys using the ball bearings... Only problem with that is your throw those at a vehicle not knowing who you may be fucking with... Then you end up getting shot in the back.
Our run over by a crazed soccer mom in a minivan! One even caught a guy on a Ducati recently. It don't take much to make people snap.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
ok, for the benefit of a downunder rider, inside/outside lane?
4 lane highway, 2 lanes each way, got that part.
Inside lane is the 'slow' lane right?
Outside lane is the 'fast'or 'passing' lane....right?

Down here theres lots of drivers/riders that totally ignore the purpose of two lanes and form rolling road blockages because they insist on travelling just under, or right on the speed limit side by side.

If only the person in the fast (passing) lane would actually pass and move into the slow lane then faster moving traffic could floiw a lot better and much agro could be avoided.

Now given the different terminologies Im not using left/right designations on purpose, ok.

My guess is the OP was hogging the fast (passing) lane? am I correct?....so the other driver passed the OP on the passing side where no actual lane existed (wouldnt that put her on the wrong side of the road)

Please explain

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
There was a car beside him and two cars ahead slowing for a red light...aside from breaking traffic laws and impeading traffic, what would you have done exactly? Better yet, why don't you shut the **** up?
The car was 12 feet behind him and the light was a half mile away. The cars in front were at the light. You're a Democrat I bet. I do not let cars ride in my blind spot. I don't ride in theirs either.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm just glad another Brother didn't get run over .:mad:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Furthermore , the rampant texting and driving I witness on a daily basis needs to be addressed , by who I have no idea , but its frustrating to say the least . If I see all these people , why cant the cops !!!:mad::mad::mad:

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Furthermore , the rampant texting and driving I witness on a daily basis needs to be addressed , by who I have no idea , but its frustrating to say the least . If I see all these people , why cant the cops !!!:mad::mad::mad:
Did you see that infuriating video of some guy on a motorcycle leaning back on the back seat riding down the thruway playing with his phone? :mad:

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I understand your rant and feel your pain, however being on a bike if I see possible trouble coming from any direction I pro actively yield for obvious reasons. I hate this saying but. "at the end of the day" if I'm alive alls good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts