Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I sold this yesterday. Drank too much gas as I ride a lot. Take a look at these...

http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/4578386657.html
http://nwga.craigslist.org/mcy/4533555438.html

I am surprised at prices on these two but I am interested. I've communicated some with the vegas owner and he wants to deal. The bike looks like in new condition but still a little wary.

I prefer the hammer but even more wary due to price and bad pics.

I need your suggestions for questions to ask. Too good to be true is what I'm thinking here... :confused:

These 2 are 4 to 6 hours away and DO NOT want to waste my time and gas. Thanks!

·
Registered
640 Posts
The 04 Vegas is a 92 cu in motor which is a 1531 cc not an 1800.Unless they swaped the motor out or had work done.It is a great bike though. I had one for a few years..

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The 04 Vegas is a 92 cu in motor which is a 1531 cc not an 1800.Unless they swaped the motor out or had work done.It is a great bike though. I had one for a few years..
At least it is not a monster like the 1800. I absolutely loved the bike and sick about selling it but $300 a month on gas just won't do. :eek:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Its 1507 cc not 1531...when i had mine stg 1 ex and filter I was getting 42mpg..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congratulations. Very nice bike. I had a VTX 1800 and now ride a Vegas. You will love it. That is definitely not the stock pipe. No idea what it could be, but pretty sure the Vegas has always had 2 pipes from the factory. Good luck!

·
Registered
640 Posts
very nice. makes me miss mine..

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
This is the kind of mileage I need.

I just talked to the owner and I'm going to pick it up this weekend. :D

That was my first question when I saw my Vegas on Gumtree at a bargain price. I secured it then flew to Melbourne the next day and rode it 1200 miles home.
Looks like you too have secured a real gem!
Looks like brand new.
Goodonya DP

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Looking forward to riding it. He sent me a bunch of close ups. It is super clean!

Tell me if there is much difference in the 5 speed older ones compared to newer 6 speed models. I'm hoping it does not whine or buzz on the slab.
Itll be cool in 5th.
6th is a true ovrrdrive on mine
Most of the time Im in 4th n 5th
If I'm in 6th my license is in jeopardy.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah! I'm a chrome whore. :D

I'm pinching myself. Still hoping there are no hidden surprises. I got him down to $4500. Not bragging because who knows... :rolleyes:

I'm a 2-lane rider to nowhere cruising 50-60 mph so 6th would rarely be needed anyway. I had a 2003 Kawai meanstreak 2 months ago. It was stock except for V/H pipes. I loved riding it! It just didn't have all the stuff like the vegas and I didn't have the extra cash which is why I got the vtx1800.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah! I'm a chrome whore. :D

I'm pinching myself. Still hoping there are no hidden surprises. I got him down to $4500. Not bragging because who knows... :rolleyes:
While i prefer that Hammer, which seems a great price for that bike, I think you are getting quite a bit of bike for the money in that Vegas and damn it looks brand new and the pipes look far better than what came stock on it. The Hammer would have given you a bigger engine and that back tire you want and of course the 6 speed, which I love as it just seems to always be the right gear at highway speeds...no hint of a whine and yet a whole lot of power when you want to goose it even some more at high speeds. I have had 5 speed bikes and they always seemed like they needed another gear and i would forever be trying to shift to a non existent 6th. NEVER a problem on my Hammer. Sorry but I am 100% sold on my Hammer minus the embarrassing horn and torturous stock seat. I think you found two great priced bikes and the Vegas looks pristine. thumb up!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts