1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Congratulations to Illinois for FINALLY recognizing the constitution. Now people in Crook county can protect themselves and their families along with the rest of the state.

Let the chest pounding and name calling begin.

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/illinois/illinois-passes-conceal-and-carry-law#.UdyiD9fn9tQ
Now the good folks in Illinois can prevent crime like the rest of us have been doing for decades--shoot back. Except in California, which only issues 5 carry permits statewide. Not really, but it seems like it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I find it funny how folks think an armed law abiding citizen equals more violence. The most violent areas in this country are the areas where criminals are the only ones allowed to have a weapon. I don't care what anyone's stance are on carrying a weapon that's a personal choice but give a person that choice.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Soon Chicago will be the most violent city in the country thanks to the NRA.
You must be kidding? Now that Joe the delivery driver from Peoria can carry a piece, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before all those gangbangers on the south side of Chicago pack up and move to Canada.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I find it funny how folks think an armed law abiding citizen equals more violence. The most violent areas in this country are the areas where criminals are the only ones allowed to have a weapon. I don't care what anyone's stance are on carrying a weapon that's a personal choice but give a person that choice.
Its actually your constitutional right as an American, any politician that tries to take that right away from you should be fired immediately. Its a proven fact that cities and states with the most gun control,(meaning only law abiding citizens are maligned) have higher crime rates.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its actually your constitutional right as an American, any politician that tries to take that right away from you should be fired immediately. Its a proven fact that cities and states with the most gun control,(meaning only law abiding citizens are maligned) have higher crime rates.
. thumb up .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yes Saddlebag, it is true, and thank you for recognizing me as a Professor ... When criminals think you might be armed they think twice about committing violence against you , That's only human nature, and hence lowers the effective crime rate... when they know your unarmed and cant defend yourself, well that would only raise the effective crime rate. This is very simple to understand... It is also a fact.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
This is very *simple* to understand
Therein lies the problem.

Look, I'm all for states permitting their citizens to carry firearms if they aren't criminals and have demonstrated some degree of competency via training.

The part I find funny is that some of you think this is a solution to the problem. It sounds so *simple*. Kinda like drilling holes in a muffler seems like a *simple* way to get good sounds and better performance until we find out it sounds like crap, backfires, and loses power.

Sure, all crime will stop once they think I'm armed. Just ask George Zimmerman how well is simplistic life views are working out for him.

I've been on the planet a fairly long time. Lived in some high crime areas. Partied in a lot of even higher crime areas. In all that time no one has ever pulled a gun on me. And even if they did and I was armed, it's unlikely that they would have given me the opportunity to point one back at them once I'm in their sites.

I understand the hero fantasy is a powerful one, but if it's what motivates you, maybe you should become a cop where at least you've got some backup.

Most of these shootings are domestic or drug related. Stay out of those situations and you probably aren't going to find yourself in a lot of shootouts.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Non fatals can be attributed to many factors. Self inflicted accidental , non accidental, just accidental. My point was for every article found for one view point there is one for the other .

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Non fatals can be attributed to many factors. Self inflicted accidental , non accidental, just accidental. My point was for every article found for one view point there is one for the other .
Your article didn't counter mine. Mine showed that the statistics for gun violence in states with more gun laws were less that those with less gun laws. Yours showed that gun murders everywhere were down. Both can be true and neither may have anything to do with CCW.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Saddle, I never said I wanted to be in a shootout...:ltr:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thank you, you are the man....thumb up
To those who don't know enough about math to tell the difference between correlation and causation anyway.

What if the kid who wrote that article had information that milk sales tripled at the same time the murder rate fell. Do you think he would have blamed the evil liberals for depriving our patriot countrymen of sufficient bovine baby food just to have more social chaos?

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
To those who don't know enough about math to tell the difference between correlation and causation anyway.

What if the kid who wrote that article had information that milk sales tripled at the same time the murder rate fell. Do you think he would have blamed the evil liberals for depriving our patriot countrymen of sufficient bovine baby food just to have more social chaos?
Only if criminals used milk in squirt guns.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Man, I'm staying out of this dog, er cow, er gun fight. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts