Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I completely destroyed the front fender on Morticia (2016 Cross Country 8-Ball) in a stupid move in my garage. Long story best told over a few beverages but the short of it is that I need to replace my front fender. It is damaged beyond repair.

Here are what I think my alternatives are:
- Buy a NEW fender from retailers that still have them in stock ~$600 (that I don't have)
- Patiently wait and watch fleaBay for a perfect condition black Cross Bike front fender (I am not that patent and it still is pricey)
- Find someone who did a "big wheel" upgrade on their bike and see if they will sell me the old fender at a reasonable price.
- Look for another black fender that will bolt in place on the stock front wheel.
- Run with the damaged fender risking ridicule from fellow riders (it does not hit the tire)
- Run without a front fender at all making a huge mess of Morticia when riding.

Are there any other ideas that the great brains here have?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Could you go to a HD website, or E-bay China and find a cheap wrap-front-fender ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I routinely see used XC fenders on Facebook or ebay for about $200

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I bought a bent front Kingpin fender for my Vegas on fleabay and beat it back into shape, tough buggers they are too!
Im sure its not irrepairable damage....show us:nerd

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
On FB, go to Victory Motorcycle buy sell and trade. There's this one and two other where Vic goodies are sold and I often see front fenders. Good luck after having bad luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Broggyr is right! There is one on Facebook, Victory Buy, Sell and trade, in sued white for $180. I bet if you posted on that site, you could find one in black. Many have gone to a bigger wheel.

·
Registered
282 Posts
On FB, go to Victory Motorcycle buy sell and trade. There's this one and two other where Vic goodies are sold and I often see front fenders. Good luck after having bad luck.
You type faster than I do!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Last night I completely destroyed the front fender on Morticia (2016 Cross Country 8-Ball) in a stupid move in my garage. Long story best told over a few beverages but the short of it is that I need to replace my front fender. It is damaged beyond repair.

Here are what I think my alternatives are:
- Buy a NEW fender from retailers that still have them in stock ~$600 (that I don't have)
- Patiently wait and watch fleaBay for a perfect condition black Cross Bike front fender (I am not that patent and it still is pricey)
- Find someone who did a "big wheel" upgrade on their bike and see if they will sell me the old fender at a reasonable price.
- Look for another black fender that will bolt in place on the stock front wheel.
- Run with the damaged fender risking ridicule from fellow riders (it does not hit the tire)
- Run without a front fender at all making a huge mess of Morticia when riding.

Are there any other ideas that the great brains here have?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
I have the original front fender off of my cross bike in the basement .. gloss black .. it is in perfect shape but has some overspray from a spray can that I did in the same room as it that wax/clay bar could easily remove. If you're interested, I'll work on cleaning it up for you. Can probably do $150 shipped depending on what the shipping cost is. I'd also have to find a box lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have the original front fender off of my cross bike in the basement .. gloss black .. it is in perfect shape but has some overspray from a spray can that I did in the same room as it that wax/clay bar could easily remove. If you're interested, I'll work on cleaning it up for you. Can probably do $150 shipped depending on what the shipping cost is. I'd also have to find a box lol.

I might just ride up and give you the $150 cash :D :D

I'm kidding. Mostly. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I might just ride up and give you the $150 cash :D :D

I'm kidding. Mostly. :D
Are you really though? Are you? Haha .. I wouldn't put it past you .. honestly!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
This. I've seen several fenders sell for $50-75... Common colors. The more rare colors are closer to $200.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd go 150 shipped! I will PM you!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Broggyr is right! There is one on Facebook, Victory Buy, Sell and trade, in sued white for $180. I bet if you posted on that site, you could find one in black. Many have gone to a bigger wheel.
Grab it and have it painted, or paint it yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts