Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not that anyone noticed that I was gone. Lol.
Any it's been almost four years since my last post aka totaling my 03 Vegas.
Well...as of last Wednesday I picked up another 03 with super low miles. It's basically a barn find / stole that thing.
I've been thinking about getting another bike for a while and last Wednesday I was browsing Craigslist and boom! This beauty popped up.
Owner was leaving town had to get rid of it. It only has 3k miles on it and it still has the stickers on the rims. It's been stored most of its life and the fuel tank showed it.
I bought it from 60 miles away from my house and as I was coming home it was sputtering and backfiring like crazy. Came home did a quick search and first thing I found out was check the fuel pressure. So I did and it showed a whopping 18psi.
Luckily I had my old fuel pump from my previous bike sitting on the shelf, so I took the tank off, pulled the pump out and holy crap!
Pressure regulator is shot! Corroded beyond recognition. So I swapped the one from my old one and sure enough 50psi.
I still need to replace the in tank firer

Here is the foo

And here is my new baby.
Before the bags and the windshield came off.

And after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm already starting the all blacked out 8 ball looks.
Here is my old baby that is no longer with us.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome find.... Ride safe and welcome back my friend

Edit, just looked up your old posts..... What a Crash

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=55233

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Dang! I forgot how bad that crash was. I took her out for a bit today and it was fun. Still has a little sputter because of the dirty filters but nothing too crazy. Just ordered a pair they should be here in a day or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts