Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome back

Nice ride there fellow but looks like snow in the picture there. So are you riding in the cold ? I do cause I have heated seat and grips.:grin

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sweet. I see you got the right [;-) ] color as well. Congratulations....

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Welcome back and that is a good idea of getting a victory again, sweet looking bike....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
483 Posts
What brought you back?

You obviously liked the Triumph. You mind giving me an idea of how it treated you? Ease of maintenance?

I like several of them and now that Victory is no more I'm going to eventually need a new brand. I've always been drawn to the Rocket III, but I'm digging the new Wing too.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Love that color scheme. It really flatters the Vision lines. Oh, and welcome back to the nut house.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
After 2 years on an amazing triumph trophy I'm now back on a vision
I was thinking the same as @VicVisionBulldog .....Inquiring minds want to know :)
The two bikes are polar different and its just strange to see new Vics almost as year after its death

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
different

Well guys thanks for the returning welcome..
when I decided to buy the trophy it was just because it was 4 years with the Vic and wanted something different. 30,000 great miles on the 8ball street no complaints
The Trophy was a excellent bike as well great rider protection and so much more get up and go its ridiculous Had a few gremlins with some electronics but I bought It used but nothing that really was an issue just annoyance at times.

Took new Vic for quick ride yesterday and first off is how pathetic it is in power and sound. It was hard to get used to the first time too as I come from a Triumph Sprint 1050, another great bike.
So back to making it mine and giving it character, going to mod my pipes and do the intake upgrades too. I was pondering the idea of cams too but not sure I up for the expense, but will be pulling trailer now and extra power would be welcome.
So anyway looking forward to being back here and getting to ride again soon.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
What RPMs are you using for shift points?

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
3,000 to 3,500 is OK for just putting down the boulevard, but if you what some giddyup-go, use @ 4500 RPMs. These engines like to rev and are built to take it.
Many here, including me, have benefited greatly by adding a Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Wooeee, did it ever release the horses! See my sig for additional mods. Being frugal (aka cheap) I bought the VFCIII controller used from a forum member. I also bought used, a digital AFR meter and for a fraction of a PCV and dyno tune, I have the air-fuel ratios I want in all riding conditions. I have a strong and smooth 106 under me.

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
I think for normal riding probably around 3-3500
Getting exhaust and intake opened up will help tons.
Exhaust and intake and revs!
Camming it up REALLY gets em breathing Deeply.....a different animal entirely.
Take Ricz advice and wind it up some.
Even stock theyll crank up to 4500 easily.
Add cams and the rev range just widens and strengthens right up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I bit the bullet yesterday when talking to folks at LLoyds and doing the full boat.
Cams, timing wheel, intake, PCV, quick turn throttle cam and do my exhaust like I did on first vision.
I will do all the work myself so going to be fun!

Exhaust and intake and revs!
Camming it up REALLY gets em breathing Deeply.....a different animal entirely.
Take Ricz advice and wind it up some.
Even stock theyll crank up to 4500 easily.
Add cams and the rev range just widens and strengthens right up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts