Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's currently red and needs some cosmetic work. I was thinking of white, but having second thoughts. British racing green?

Going to make the choice Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
It's currently red and needs some cosmetic work. I was thinking of white, but having second thoughts. British racing green?

Wow, I just talking with my Pops this morning and told him I dropped some panels off from my XC to have professionally painted matte black. Pop was a hot-rodder back in the day and he's still modeling and building N-scale trains, so he's got a decent eye for color and detail. Anyway, he said; "that bike of your's would look real good if did the whole thing matte black with red edging"...Then I think the old hot-rodder kicked because he added;"you'll also want some red/blue flames coming off the head-light and on the lower bags but don't over do them" .... Hmmm

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like colors that are not only "eye catching" but that you don't see everywhere. When I bought my Cross Country, I really wanted the Antifreeze Green but it was the end of the model year and there wasn't one available anywhere near me.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I like colors that are not only "eye catching" but that you don't see everywhere. When I bought my Cross Country, I really wanted the Antifreeze Green but it was the end of the model year and there wasn't one available anywhere near me.
That color is bit bright for me. I'm thinking of something that isn't stock after a friend said "you can get that bike in white, why not paint it something you can't"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, I just talking with my Pops this morning and told him I dropped some panels off from my XC to have professionally painted matte black. Pop was a hot-rodder back in the day and he's still modeling and building N-scale trains, so he's got a decent eye for color and detail. Anyway, he said; "that bike of your's would look real good if did the whole thing matte black with red edging"...Then I think the old hot-rodder kicked because he added;"you'll also want some red/blue flames coming off the head-light and on the lower bags but don't over do them" .... Hmmm
That is sounding interesting, but what do you mean by red edging? Any images that would help? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
That is sounding interesting, but what do you mean by red edging? Any images that would help? Thanks!
I'm not sure exactly what Pops had in his mind when he said that but I imagine he was picturing red banding to break up large areas of black, like the fairing and tank seams, maybe the bag lid tops etc. If I ever got a serious notion to do a complete repaint(which I don't....) I'd have to mock some ideas up with plasti-dip to find out what might get the look I wanted.

·
13,262 Posts
I like some of the paint schemes on the new bikes. But if you want to see colors go to a auto paint sore and ask for custom colors. You'll be overwhelm

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That brandywine is freaking beautiful. Do want. Wish I knew how to paint.

Reactions: half_crazy

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Maybe red edging is along the lines of the red on the flat black Victory Hardball.
Ive been looking at the Mopar High Impact colours as well as the House of Kolors stuff too myself lately as I'm painting a couple of Chryslers.
Toying with the idea of some flames over the dark blue metallic on my Vegas while it's off the road too.
Ghost tribal in silver possibly, though it's been done many times before.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Saw Purple XC's at Sturgis this year - factory paint we can't get! And the factory put the matte black blocks on them which looked cheezy! But, purple with the matte black done nicely --Hmmmm!

·
Registered
28 Posts

My original (smart ass) suggestion was going to be Sky-Blue Pink. But, if you like throw back look, try Royal Fire Flake Blue or other of the Fire Flake colors that were used by Norton in the early 70's. Trimmed in metallic/metal flake silver would look great.

Pictured is my 73 Norton in it's original color.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Around here, the entire matte black/red/whitewall thing has been done a TON, I walk though a car show and everything that was pulled out of some back alley, farm field, pond, woods is painted flat black and has red trim, just been done so much I don't even pay any attention to em anymore, We get it, its a rat rod....the hot rod semi trucks are really cool though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts