Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish we had a decent dealer in Atlanta

I purchased my motorcycle from Freedom Power Sports and have no issues with the purchase.....until I went to have it repaired. For example the wires behind the indicator lights were torn and broke; such a simple thing to inspect and fix. Now I wonder if the engine repair was done correctly. Also I was treated badly and not given any updates on the repair which took over 3 months to complete. When I asked questions I was told"Why should I care the insurance is paying for this"

Be aware a warranty is worthless if it cannot be backed-up by a competent service and repair tech. Be careful who you let work on your bike. You may say take it back and have the work done correctly. I say, I don't believe they can and don't want them to touch my bike. I will gladly pay someone else to repair and I've already found them!

Jim

my 2 cents on the local Victory dealer in Cumming, Ga.!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Upcountry SC (Greenville)

i'm here in s.e. ga., chatham co. west of savannah.
Love Savannah and the coast down to Jekyll and St Simons Island, but that bridge over the Savannah River gives me the f...n' willies! Your a mile in the air and no guard rails other than a concrete wall at knee level. Yikes!! :ltr:

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought at Freedom Power Sports in Kennesaw. On closing day the sales manager pissed me off. Suddenly she didn't like my trade in, Vstar650. They kept me waiting hours, as though my time was worthless.
I am not comfortable that the setup was done well, radio software, map update etc. But then the sales people already had me pissed. I'll be bringing to Street Chrome in Rome for service or doing it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my motorcycle from Freedom Power Sports and have no issues with the purchase.....until I went to have it repaired. For example the wires behind the indicator lights were torn and broke; such a simple thing to inspect and fix. Now I wonder if the engine repair was done correctly. Also I was treated badly and not given any updates on the repair which took over 3 months to complete. When I asked questions I was told"Why should I care the insurance is paying for this"

Be aware a warranty is worthless if it cannot be backed-up by a competent service and repair tech. Be careful who you let work on your bike. You may say take it back and have the work done correctly. I say, I don't believe they can and don't want them to touch my bike. I will gladly pay someone else to repair and I've already found them!

Jim

my 2 cents on the local Victory dealer in Cumming, Ga.!

Thanks you for the post.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought mine at Freedom Piower Dports in Kennesaw. I didn't care for the sales manager, who is no longer there. I did the 500 mile service myself. Had a local independent do the 5k and had Freedom do the 10k. I'll be having Freedom do the fork and the steering parts of the 15k. I have no beef with the service dept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts