Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my rear tire last weekend and in the process, forgot to put the little spring clips back in the brake caliper. I know how one goes in but not the other and the parts list doesn't clarify it enough.

Could someone post a pic of the forward edge of their brake caliper showing the position of those spring clips?

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I'll try to grab one for you when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it

·
Registered
347 Posts
These help?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's my how to...

Step 1: Get something out to cut brake lines
Step 2: Cut your rear brake line
Step 3: Throw away your rear brake caliper
Step 4: Go riding and use your front brakes only

Studies show that it will now reduced the drag on you're rear wheel and increase your top speed 30%. Beside the front discs do 70% of your braking anyways. So if you never exceed 70% of your total top speed you will never need to use your rear brakes. Feel free to do some engine braking if you really come into a turn hot and the front brakes aren't enough.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Better find that pic :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Here's my how to...

Studies show that it will now reduced the drag on you're rear wheel and increase your top speed 30%. Beside the front discs do 70% of your braking anyways. So if you never exceed 70% of your total top speed you will never need to use your rear brakes. Feel free to do some engine braking if you really come into a turn hot and the front brakes aren't enough.
Nice answer

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's my how to...

I suppose I should get rid of my two-speed whitewalls at the same time ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts