Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a USA army vet. I've been riding twelve years now and I am trying to decide whether to keep my Hayabua when I by my new bike or trade it in. I want to pick up a new highball but I've never ridden a bike with apes before. I'm 5'8" so I'm not supper sure I'll even reach but I love the look. I'm trying to make up my mind before the rebates end next mouth. Any advice is welcomed. My second choice would be the gunner or maybe a vision but I'd have to trade in the visa for sure on the vision. Lots of my buddy's still ride crotch rockets some even have a Busa as well but there coming around. Most of our rides are about two to three hours at a time. I'm hoping to branch out into longer rides.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The only way to know for sure if you like apes is to demo a bike. Also note that coming from a laid forward position on your busa you may notice the the wind treats you like a kite. You'll get used to it but it will probably mess with you a bit on the demo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

That sounds like good advice I am hoping to do a test ride next Friday hope fully. I haven't seen any official demo rides in my area. (So Cal.) but I thing some of the dealers can hook me up.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you are looking for something closer to the busa the gunner or 8-ball are going to feel more natural. Coming off a gsxr 600 they both felt better diving into a corner. The highball is responsive but the apes is a big shift. Also make sure if you demo the highball they put the bars in the lower position. I am 5'10" and the high setting was a bit of a reach for me but lower was pretty comfy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts