Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as you can tell from my Sig I have the Swepts with the RPW Baffles and Stage 1 Tune.

I am wondering for those who added the S&S or the Lloydz Torque Tubes along with a VFC or PCV were happy with the upgrade? How much difference did that actually make?

Where you so impressed it left you wondering why it took you so long to do it or was it just a nice upgrade and just felt a bit better than Stage 1 and you liked the look of it too?

I am keeping the Swepts for now and I am just trying to figure out how much to actually expect. If it is only little bit better I might just leave it for now.

Should I just go VFC and S&S or start going the whole hog? I can see if I get TT's I will end up ordering new pipes, cams etc as well.

Hear from you soon!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Skip the VFC... My father in law chose it over the PCV and is not happy. I have the S&S with PCV and a tune... My highball hangs with 120 SS HD bikes no problem. I can wheelie my bike a little if I can get it to hook up. My only problem is keeping a rear tire on the thing.

Ride it like you stole it... Or just stay home.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i agree, pcv and a dyno when ready

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skip the VFC... My father in law chose it over the PCV and is not happy. I have the S&S with PCV and a tune... My highball hangs with 120 SS HD bikes no problem. I can wheelie my bike a little if I can get it to hook up. My only problem is keeping a rear tire on the thing.

Really mate? The S&S and a PCV and tune made that much difference? What pipes have you got again? I thought I would need cams and new exhausts plus TTs to keep up with a 120 bike.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have Bassani pro street turn outs, Timing wheel, PCV, S&S... I pull with the 120's till 4th gear then they jump a bike length and we stay that way till about 180km/hr then I start to gain ground again. By that point we are usually starting to back off.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I have Bassani pro street turn outs, Timing wheel, PCV, S&S... I pull with the 120's till 4th gear then they jump a bike length and we stay that way till about 180km/hr then I start to gain ground again. By that point we are usually starting to back off. Ride it like you stole it... Or just stay home.
The 120" HDs you're playin' with must be sickly. I assume you are below 100 horse? I know a couple of 120" HD owners. I've seen one spank V-Rods with his Road Glide and the other damned near beat me with his Softail. Hell, Rusty's 113" EVO makes 130 horse to the tire.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Your pipes are gonna stop you from any huge gains either way. I have the vfc3 because I got it new for under $200 and only dyno is a hd dealer and they suck at it. I would rather have a pcv or afr+ but without a good tuner near me I don't want to waste my money. If you are never gonna change your pipes I would go with whatever you find cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
101 hp... According to the tuner. Both 120s I played with are in SG's.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Without cams the Ness Lloydz or S&S will work fine with PCV and a good Dynotune.
To stay with 120 horse in a straight line you gonna need cams I reckon, throw in some corners bends and hills and its more the rider than the bike anyway.
Torquetubes may deliver more with cams but without cams the difference is marginal over a free flowing filter.
On my 100 cubes anyway.
Im more than happy with my setup.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Ok so I have to apologize... My buddy just corrected that both those SG's I raced had 110" S&S. Lol I thought I was a lot cooler than I really was!

·
13,251 Posts
101 hp... According to the tuner. Both 120s I played with are in SG's.

what have you done to your motor who did the work
There are never enough good mechanic tuners

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Screamin Demon motorcycle company in Crossfield Alberta... Only thing done to the motor is Lloydz timing wheel. Other mods are bolt on PCV, S&S intake, Bassani exhaust. I will post the dyno chart as soon as I get back from vacation. Pete at Screamin Demon is really good on the Dyno.

·
Registered
477 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts