Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new here and really hoping someone can help. A cop here in Sydney took offence to my RPW Big Slash the other day and reported me to the EPA (environmental protection agency). I've now received a summons to present bike for inspection no later than end of this month or receive a defect notice and de-registration of the bike, basically on the scrap heap. I'm reliably told that the only was to pass their damn test is to re-fit the factory pipes. Since Victory closed in Sydney, the new Indian dealership has disposed of all Victory stock, talk about abandoned! Called them and they didn't even try and sound like they cared. So to my question, does anyone out there have a set of factory pipes (to fit a 2014 Hammer, gathering dust somewhere) Am of course happy to pay for them, this forum is just about my last chance to continue riding this bike.

Best regards,

Steve K

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
@Motorbikerx could have some info on this

Did you check eBay or stuff like that?

I buy everything in the USA and ship it to Indonesia

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Yes, checked ebay, nothing. Plenty of Stage 1 and 2 etc, but nil factory.
Can you email
Conquest customs
Or
The vic shop Ryan

Maybe they have something for you

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will certainly email conquest, however uncertain who you mean by Vic shop? There's quite a few Vic parts dealers out there.

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts

Another option is the Victory Facebook page. Probably get seen by a lot more people there. Do a "ISO" (In Search Of) post.

Do you guys in OZ have a Victory FB page? If not; you should think of starting one so you can help each other out as needed.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Can you just swap with someone and get your inspection?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If Australia is that serious about aftermarket exhaust then why in the world did you put them on to begin with???

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yes the RPW's are louder than stock but are you sure the pipes won't pass the noise test? So far it's just the cop's opinion. If the baffles are properly wrapped perhaps they may still be under the noise allowance. Check on how, distance and what dB (94?) they measure for then check it with an app on a smart phone. If it's close I'd let them test and confirm before I spent too much time and money making the change.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
There are at least a couple Vic guys on this forum in Oz, one goes by motorbikerx and I can't remember the other one. Maybe someone here does.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
My gosh I sure hope you can get something to install on your bike to keep it from being seized. Please keep us updated on what happens.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Shipping to Australia won't be cheap but can be done.
Ha ha, true... You shipped so much for me, unbelievable

Thanks @BBob

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Just bung some rolled up chicken wire up them, itll kill performance but quieten it down lots.
I have RPW slash on mine and its fairly loud.
Dont forget to remove the wire once youve passed, and be careful where youre blatting it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bung some rolled up chicken wire up them, itll kill performance but quieten it down lots.
I have RPW slash on mine and its fairly loud.
Dont forget to remove the wire once youve passed, and be careful where youre blatting it.
Geez, what kinda country do you live in man? I bet there is MORE Cars, Trucks that the Popo should be shaken down because their Engines are notorious polluters ! I hear the Gov there has taken away your firearms. Whats next?? I would definitely move to America, we are FREE over here man.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Youre misinfomed I know quite a few people who have gun licenses and firearms, legally.
Plenty of loud vehicles here too, my Vegas has RPW Slash pipes , cams and intake , I dont make a habit of revving it up if theres cops around.
Most Harleys over here make a shotload more noise than any Victory.
What kind of country do I live in?
The best!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I would definitely move to America, we are FREE over here man.
I wouldn't mind moving to America ( spend a lot of time there working ) , but it is absolutely less free than many other countries in the world

Without going into debate "press freedom " comes to mind, i like to remind people that the only winner is your government

The 'So called "freedom in the USA" is stated on 48 place, as a sample URUGUAY, is on 19 the place... just some truth you don't read on the "news"

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Youre misinfomed I know quite a few people who have gun licenses and firearms, legally.
Plenty of loud vehicles here too, my Vegas has RPW Slash pipes , cams and intake , I dont make a habit of revving it up if theres cops around.
Most Harleys over here make a shotload more noise than any Victory.
What kind of country do I live in?
The best!
OZ and cars, just awsome

A street car mayhem

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
NICE!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts