Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The friend who bought my Cross Roads had a go down and is need of the following....
  • Right side case - don't need the lid.
  • Right side chrome case hinge.
  • Right side chrome case protector.
  • Cross Roads chrome headlight nacelle cover.
  • Chrome LR turn signal.
Contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
599 Posts
The friend who bought my Cross Roads had a go down and is need of the following....
  • Chrome LR turn signal.
Sorry to see this Ric. Very sad.

I hope your friend is OK.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Ric, if he doesn't mind black hinge covers, I have a set of left and right that I was going to use on my CrossRoads... I sold my XR and still have a couple parts left over, including those hinge covers... they look brand new and I can send some pics. let me know if he would be interested in the black ones.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, about the black hinges: I will ask Lee, but I doubt it, as I lavished that bike with a lot of chrome.
Second, Lee wasn't hurt, oddly enough. Apparently, the crash bar did what it's supposed to - sacrificed itself to save the rider and a lot of the bike. Yes, it was sad to see my jewel scarred up, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We spent a few hours undoing some of the damage, the rest to be done as parts arrive. And he can ride it for now.
He doesn't know why he went down. It was a 35 mph right curve, he was doing no more than 40 and he said the bike felt like it did not want to lean into the turn. We are both guessing there may have been something greasy on the road. The bike went down on its right side, sliding across the road, into gravel and then hit an Armco barrier.
In addition to the items on the list, the windshield was pulverized and the chrome twisted. Fortunately, I gave him my shorty windshield, so he's good there. The regular w/s was a 7Jurock, so all he has to do is order another one and install it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
First, about the black hinges: I will ask Lee, but I doubt it, as I lavished that bike with a lot of chrome.
Second, Lee wasn't hurt, oddly enough. Apparently, the crash bar did what it's supposed to - sacrificed itself to save the rider and a lot of the bike. Yes, it was sad to see my jewel scarred up, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We spent a few hours undoing some of the damage, the rest to be done as parts arrive. And he can ride it for now.
He doesn't know why he went down. It was a 35 mph right curve, he was doing no more than 40 and he said the bike felt like it did not want to lean into the turn. We are both guessing there may have been something greasy on the road. The bike went down on its right side, sliding across the road, into gravel and then hit an Armco barrier.
In addition to the items on the list, the windshield was pulverized and the chrome twisted. Fortunately, I gave him my shorty windshield, so he's good there. The regular w/s was a 7Jurock, so all he has to do is order another one and install it.
glad to hear your friend is ok your old baby can be fixed up....

Stay Safe!

Rob

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • Chrome LR turn signal.
I may have some turn signals for you. Will check garage.

·
13,262 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts