Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm In pursuit of my first Victory, and torn between the 07-12 Hammer and 12-14 Cross Country, as I like what each has to offer.
So far I've been searching local NorCal Vic dealers, Cycle Trader, C.L. and Ebay for bikes, and been lurking on VF & *** Forums getting cycle info and knowledge to help my decision.
I'd like your recommendations for the Sales, Info, Parts/Acc, Service/Repair shops, sites, etc… that you use or prefer.

Thanks

Hud

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't know how far you are from Dublin, but the Ness shop is worth the drive. They have pretty competitive prices too. I ride a 2013 Hammer and love it, like most it has some personal touches. I was torn between the CC and the Hammer and ultimately went with the Hammer because I don't plan on doing too many road trips. There isn't many storage options and IMO saddlebags look like ass on a Hammer. I added a rear bag which is fine for short trips.
If you're going to be taking some weekend/ road trips the CC is the way to go.

·
13,235 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
To add to Johnny's statement, I bought a '14 Cross Country and most of my riding is 45 mile round trip to and from work Mon-Fri and then nice long weekend rides.

I really liked the Hammer but as I plan on doing some long distance rides (Wyoming, Montana, etc) in the near future I wanted something I could ride comfortably for long hauls and the Hammer just wasn't the bike to do that, for me anyway. The Cross Country does great on long and short rides so it was in my opinion the best of both worlds.

Good luck on finding the right deal, you already chose the right brand, now just need to find the right dealer thumb up

·
Registered
426 Posts
Grats, i love the colors on those. keep the rubber side down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts