Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In past when I did a lot of in town riding. I had to change brake pads and tires a lot. I do mostly 2 lane back roads these days and tires and brakes last a lot longer. I know this is to all the stop and go riding in town. My oil looks a lot better too, at oil changes. Because it stays cooler and is filtered better. Plus on the back roads you don't have to deal with the traffic constantly. Now interstate highways can be hell.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
I haven't noticed brakes wearing but I suppose I should keep an eye on it more often. Oil tested fine I'm not concerned about it.

I will say I do love the CCT for city commuting. Wouldn't think a big bike would be so nice to ride in traffic but I enjoy it more than my Honda. Radiator fan kept blowing hot air on me which did not help the enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The CCT is a do-it-all bike. It is very nimble in the twisties, has great performance in the city, and is hella-comfortable for continent eating.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are not great in the sand.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think ObiSteve would agree with that.

Had some aches and pains last ride and not sure if that was the handlebars or my time in the woods.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Good point. The CCT is strictly a hard surface (asphalt or concrete) bike. No dirt, sand, mud, custard, etc.

Reactions: SportyDoug

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Good point. The CCT is strictly a hard surface (asphalt or concrete) bike. No dirt, sand, mud, custard, etc.
Does fine on gravel but I hate how it feels. Still trying to get used to that. I think it's the tread pattern on the E3/E4 combo I have. Other bike didn't feel like it was going to slide out from under me in gravel.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
There are a lot of great twisty hilly roads around here that are gravel. I would never dream of attempting them on my XCT. Sure, on a level straight gravel road, the XCT will do fine but not on roads twistier and hillier than the Dragon. That is the gravel I am talking about. If it is a straight gravel road, just take a nearby paved road - nothing missed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts