Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe some opinions on here will help. Currently have a 2008 Kingpin Tour. For some reason I felt the need to go to my local Victory dealer and now I am in the middle of trying to decide what to trade up to. My options are a 2012 Cross Roads with 4K miles @ $13,500 or a person to person sale of a 2008 Vision with just under 30k @ $10,000.

No clue where to go so opinions please!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Both are good bikes. One has big bags, one has tunes. You can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both have tunes. The CC has the full fairing with radio and all the goodies.... But you are correct in the big bag statement, They are huge!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Both have tunes. The CC has the full fairing with radio and all the goodies.... But you are correct in the big bag statement, They are huge!
Now you are confusing us. In your first post you said its a Cross Roads, then you call it a CC (Cross Country) with a radio. Can we assume its a XC (Cross Country) and not a XR (Cross Roads) as they do not have radios?
Whatever it is, ride them both first, then come back and tell us which YOU like best. Only you know what your needs are. BTW, there's a lot of wiggle room in that dealer's price. Start off with a ridiculously low offer and go up from there as he comes down. If it involves a trade, there is only one figure that has any importance, the cash difference. It does not matter what he'll give you for your bike or what he'll sell his for. It what it takes to fill the gap that you need to get as low as you can. Whatever you do, don't fall in love with it until after the purchase. Be prepared to walk away if it costs more than you desire to pay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep my bad. I typed this up quick before the wife got home. It is in fact a Cross Country. Actually went to buy a Cross Road Classic LE, but fell out of love with it cause of a large oil coating on the back of the rear cylinder below the exhaust. The Cross Roads is a great deal but I am not ok with the possible engine issues that could be there.

The Cross Country was right next to it and it was marked 14K. They already came down the 500, they may have some room left though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If applicable- remember to keep any financial goodies from Victory out of the equation until AFTER you make your best deal.

Discount and rebate are 2 completely separate items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts