Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice

Pretty cool. I ride a Vision also so I am probablly hard to please like that guy lol.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Would have liked to see him test a Chieftain against his Vision. Over all pretty well done. I still like my Cross Country best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the post of the video, I'm not sure what to make of that seemed like a very well camouflaged negative review. It will be interesting to hear rider reviews from defectors of other brands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I test rode the Chiefton a couple weeks ago and I can honestly say I really liked it. I thought it was very comfortable and I really liked the power windshield. Throttle by wire did take a little bit to get used to but not bad, just different. Had a great stereo and loved information system on it. I think they will be selling a lot of bikes. I ride the Cross Country now and really like it but I think I like the Indian just a little better. Both are great bikes

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I test rode the Chiefton a couple weeks ago and I can honestly say I really liked it. I thought it was very comfortable and I really liked the power windshield. Throttle by wire did take a little bit to get used to but not bad, just different. Had a great stereo and loved information system on it. I think they will be selling a lot of bikes. I ride the Cross Country now and really like it but I think I like the Indian just a little better. Both are great bikes
Did you get to ride it long enough to make a good comparison to your XC tranny and motor. How was the shifting? Did you notice any motor noises in regards to clacking and whining? Maybe in certain gears?

How does it handle and ride compared to your XC?

·
Registered
10 Posts
We went on probably a 15 mile test ride, it was long enough to get a good comparison. I really liked how the tranny sounded, there was no cluncking like get with the Victory and I noticed no noise when just sitting there with it running and in neutral that I get on the Victory. It was very smooth shifting.

I thought the handling was real comparable. My son thought it handled better than the Victory, he just didnt' like the old style look. I would buy one in a heart beat

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know the seat hight on these things.
And how long before lowering links will be available.:ltr::ltr::ltr:thumb up Sure like them on the net. we'll see.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
They have all the specs on their website. The seat height is 26 inches
It definitely sits lower than the Vics. I could easily flat foot the Chief Vintage on both sides. And as the guy in the video said, those seats are going to be scrapped for the even deeper bucket Chiefton seat. It's great if yer skeered of heights I suppose. Personally, I am not a fan of the knees above hips riding position.

I agreed with most of the video guys assessments. As I told a guy on a Vic coming in as I was leaving when he asked what I thought: "I think I'll be riding this Vic underneath me for a while."

Bling is the name of the game in the cruiser world, so I may be the last guy left puttering around on a Vic...

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Very objective review, he's obviously not a shill for Indian motorcycles. If I were to jump from my XR to an Indian Chief Vintage, it looks like I'd be gaining a quieter engine and smoother tranny, but losing some handling and comfort. To get comfort and handling in an Indian, its looking like I'd have to go for the Chieftain, but I don't want or need all the electronic gee gaws as I don't do the tunes thing while riding. Like Saddlebags, I'll be riding a XR for a lot longer.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very objective review, he's obviously not a shill for Indian motorcycles. If I were to jump from my XR to an Indian Chief Vintage, it looks like I'd be gaining a quieter engine and smoother tranny, but losing some handling and comfort. To get comfort and handling in an Indian, its looking like I'd have to go for the Chieftain, but I don't want or need all the electronic gee gaws as I don't do the tunes thing while riding. Like Saddlebags, I'll be riding a XR for a lot longer.
I'll be riding a XR for a lot longer.[/QUOTE]
No offence RITZ, but how much longer you got?
From one old fart to another.:ltr:thumb up

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I'll be riding a XR for a lot longer.
No offence RITZ, but how much longer you got?
From one old fart to another.:ltr:thumb up[/QUOTE]

I broke my crystal ball a long time ago, so can't answer that one. And if I could, would I want to know? Prolly not. wac

1 - 14 of 14 Posts