1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Good Luck. I'd like to join ya but I gotta work Saturday and fix my nephew's transmission on Sunday :p

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I wouldn't buy another Polaris product until hell froze over. I test road last year a RoadMaster and was totally disappointed. For 30 large it's a joke.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Okie Dokie but when they go out of business in a few years I wouldn't shed any tears here on this forum 'cause we be like 'tole ya so mang'.

Burn me once shame on you. Burn me twice shame on me.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Hey PaiN...gonna ride a Springfield at Springfield in Springfield? :)

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
There was an article that came out on Apr 12 about the Indian/Victory thing. I forgot where it was and the link was on Facebook (I deactivated my account a couple days ago) but the first comment was from our local Indian/Victory dealer that said since he became an Indian dealer, he's sold 15 Indians for every Victory. Now, I realize this is probably a regional thing, but from his standpoint it makes complete sense.

[EDIT] A little Google-fu and I found it.
http://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2017/04/12/indian-continues-market-share-growth/

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Makes sense cuz they keep bringing out new Indian models and Victory never gave us incentive to buy another one, after we bought what we got. All the Bagger Boyz got new was the Magnum and I dare say it had a very narrow appeal. Had they invested in some "lower, longer, wider" attitude, many Vic owners might have upgraded and more newbies would have signed on. But all we got were (yawn) color changes while the profits were eaten up with drag, IOM electric TT and Pikes Peak bikes. Not what I'd call intelligent marketing if you want a line to continue.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doing it for fun or are you interested in one?
This demo ride is definitely for fun.
I love riding different bikes I don't care what manufacturer they come from Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph, Indian, HD.....whatever, if they'll let me... I'll ride them :) Funny thing is I usually come off demo rides with more of an appreciation for my Vic.

Hey PaiN...gonna ride a Springfield at Springfield in Springfield? :)
Yes and since I was born in Springfield....I've got all of that beat :p

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Yes and since I was born in Springfield....I've got all of that beat :p
So the boy from Springfield is going to Springfield to ride a Springfield at Springfield in Springfield and then back to Springfield.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
If I had enough money to buy an Indian, I would buy another Victory instead and take it to Kevin Cross for the full treatment, then accessorize it to my liking. That way, when my current bike is reduced to dust, I will still have another one to ride.

Indians are too small for my 34-inch inseam, have styling seventy years older than my Victory and less storage capacity. Some other Indian features are better than I have on my Victory, but they are less important to me.

Besides that, I'm ticked off at Polaris. Victory's failure was their fault.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I can say is I enjoy demo ride events....Sooner or later I'll get another bike and there's no better way to get a taste of what's out there.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
There was an article that came out on Apr 12 about the Indian/Victory thing. I forgot where it was and the link was on Facebook (I deactivated my account a couple days ago) but the first comment was from our local Indian/Victory dealer that said since he became an Indian dealer, he's sold 15 Indians for every Victory. Now, I realize this is probably a regional thing, but from his standpoint it makes complete sense.

[EDIT] A little Google-fu and I found it.
Indian continues market share growth | Powersports Business
15:1 Ratio?!?!?!?!?!? over how long of a period I wonder.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I wondered that myself. True, it's a dealer reporting their own numbers so take it for what it's worth. But, even if they are exaggerating by a factor of 5, they were still selling 3 Indians for every 1 Vic...

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
I wondered that myself. True, it's a dealer reporting their own numbers so take it for what it's worth. But, even if they are exaggerating by a factor of 5, they were still selling 3 Indians for every 1 Vic...
Yeah cos lots if people want bikes that look old,
Well old in styling anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Polaris underestimated (didn't consider, didn't give a squirt, etc.) the amount of ill will and animosity they would engender by killing Victory. I've settled into the "Polaris can kiss my hairy beanbag" camp. In 45 years of motorcycling, I've never owned a Harley. Ridden plenty of them, just never liked them enough to want to own one. But I would buy H-D before I'd buy an Indian. I'd buy any bike before I'd buy an Indian.

As far as demo rides, I used to spend 3-day weekends working as a safety rider for the local dealer when the Indian factory trucks were in town. That ain't ever gonna happen again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Polaris underestimated (didn't consider, didn't give a squirt, etc.) the amount of ill will and animosity they would engender by killing Victory. I've settled into the "Polaris can kiss my hairy beanbag" camp. In 45 years of motorcycling, I've never owned a Harley. Ridden plenty of them, just never liked them enough to want to own one. But I would buy H-D before I'd buy an Indian. I'd buy any bike before I'd buy an Indian.

As far as demo rides, I used to spend 3-day weekends working as a safety rider for the local dealer when the Indian factory trucks were in town. That ain't ever gonna happen again.
Agreed

I have owned a Harley, it wasn't perfect. My beloved Vic hasn't been perfect either. Neither of them ever left me sitting or left puddles of fluids on the floor.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts