Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, gonna throw a question out for the Indian owners.....
What gas mileage are you getting?
If you could list your model and mods you have on your ride it would be helpful too.

I am seriously looking into Roadmaster, but it's still a toss up with a Victory cross country tour. So...looking for a little info.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am going to throw question out to you... Is gas mileage going to affect your decision? Buy the bike you love. If you where buying a hot rod or sports car would you ask the seller "what kind of mileage does this get"
Gas mileage threads on bike forums drive me mental. Lol sorry I couldn't help myself! Good luck on your search..

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Lol very true...but do you honestly give a ****? Let's talk about power, stereo's, air ride kits, pipes, seats, wheels, bling, custom paint, beer and pussy! ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, a little bit. The dealer told me 40mpg, but I seen a couple of test results stating 32mpg, and I don't put a lot of faith into magazine articles. So, I am hoping a few owners will step up to give me some info.
It's $5G more than the XCT. And with 5 G's, you can really build the Vic into a beast. And, while my bro gets 42mpg on his XTC...only getting 32mpg on an Indian "could" be a deal breaker, as I live 40 miles from where I work. Now we are talking multiple tank fills, extra $$$ in initial cost, "bling", etc, etc.

While I am leaning toward the Roadmaster, I have to say that it's close. The XTC is a nice bike, a really nice bike.

I research the **** out of things before I jump in. So yes, I would like to know the mileage.

·
12,984 Posts
gwapogorilla
You have to believe when new you'll get around 32 but as the motor breaks in and you get around 15 thousand miles on it you'll be up around 40 mpg.
Just about 95 % of all bikes made get 40 something miles a gallon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts