Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian guy here

742 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CrossRoads 
#1 ·
I'm curious about Vic's since Indians may be sharing some parts with them in the future. Basically I want to figure out if this is a good or bad thing.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. By the way, Victory will not share parts with Indian. The intent, as stated by Polaris, is to keep the two separate. ;)

#3 ·
On the Indian side we've seen really NO activity regarding improving or even fixing some of the bugs in this bike. There are some big issues, notably the ECM mapping, but many low hanging fruit. These easy to fix / change issues would be simple to integrate (I used to work in manufacturing).

Because we are seeing so little activity (the 2013 model year is just a paint option), and due to the rumors of a "blank sheet of paper" in the Polaris design room, many of us speculate we may see an Indian that George Jetson might like (but none of us will). At the least we may see the Freedom engine in an Indian motorcycle.. and I just don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

#5 ·
It's been stated on several occasions that they do not intend to swallow up Indian, but maintain its character. That being said, do expect a more reliable horse showing up in the Indian stable, in the near future. Polaris prides itself with reliability, and that's where Indian should enjoy the benefits of any changes.

Another tip about Polaris, they are very tight lipped, and very good at hiding upcoming models - at least on the Victory side. So if there is a new model, you won't know anything about it until 30 days or less before its public release. And when they first hint about it, they'll give you the name of it, and a picture that doesn't really show anything. Big time teasers! ;)

#4 ·
Welcome to the Forum!

Now that you're part of the family the most important part of your research should be to go to a Victory dealership and demo a few bikes. This should ease worries about powertrain if/when Indians are configured with them. This should also give you a chance to see whether or not the suspension and electronics are up to par.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.