Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend in his mid 70's. He has several antique motorcycles and at least 3 are Indians. He goes up to the Indian dealership here pretty often. He made the comment last Saturday that guys from their riding group were there a lot and they talked a lot. But they have never talked to him about joining their group. Now this friend has been riding Indians for many years, but he rides original Indian motorcycles. Not modern day re-pops, So I guess if you ain't a Indian re-pop rider they don't want you in their riding group. That kind of rubs my old ass the wrong way. OH! YES he does ride all of his motorcycles and does his on maintenance and rebuilds.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a friend in his mid 70's. He has several antique motorcycles and at least 3 are Indians. He goes up to the Indian dealership here pretty often. He made the comment last Saturday that guys from their riding group were there a lot and they talked a lot. But they have never talked to him about joining their group. Now this friend has been riding Indians for many years, but he rides original Indian motorcycles. Not modern day re-pops, So I guess if you ain't a Indian re-pop rider they don't want you in their riding group. That kind of rubs my old ass the wrong way. OH! YES he does ride all of his motorcycles and does his on maintenance and rebuilds.
Nice story I Like, Nab, how long has he owned the Original Indians?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice story I Like, Nab, how long has he owned the Original Indians?
Some may have been his dad's. He's dad was a avid rider.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This guy I'm talking about ( Jack ) I'm pretty sure he told me he's Dad rode a motorcycle in the service in WWII. I may see him today if I make it down to F.R.O.G.S Motorcycle Shop. A lot of these older motorcycle enthusiast hang around there on Saturdays.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This guy I'm talking about ( Jack ) I'm pretty sure he told me he's Dad rode a motorcycle in the service in WWII. I may see him today if I make it down to F.R.O.G.S Motorcycle Shop. A lot of these older motorcycle enthusiast hang around there on Saturdays.
The only shop around here is a Harley shop in the next town, but they aren't to nice to a Vic owner, It is not a Harley their loss. as some of the people I ride with are owners of one of those bikes.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
They are a lot of $$$. However, at the high end of the Indian line, each bike is more like a Harley CVO. They come with all the bells and whistles and lots of chrome.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
They are a lot of $$$. However, at the high end of the Indian line, each bike is more like a Harley CVO. They come with all the bells and whistles and lots of chrome.
Probably still a better all round machine though because of the Victory heritage.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Why would you or your friend be worried about being invited to ride with a group? I never seen the point in riding with a group of people, takes the fun out of riding a motorcycle IMO. I would much rather take my XR on these mountain roads at my own pace and on my own schedule than being led around in a group like cattle.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would you or your friend be worried about being invited to ride with a group? I never seen the point in riding with a group of people, takes the fun out of riding a motorcycle IMO. I would much rather take my XR on these mountain roads at my own pace and on my own schedule than being led around in a group like cattle.
I'm not worried about it and he's not bothered about it ether. He was just making a point that the Indian repop riders are preppy kind of people at the dealership. You know the kind of people that take their scooter to the shop to check their tire air pressure and change the oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts