Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are you going to add your state and year and model of your bike.
It would be nice so we know where your coming from

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I am gonna guess he's in Indianapolis or Indiana. Just a hunch...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
So why are you playing games with us and making us work to see what you got and where you live? Are you always this snarky? You have asked us for help and you got it--isn't turnabout fair play for you? Come on now, don't come off like a jerk.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
So why are you playing games with us and making us work to see what you got and where you live? Are you always this snarky? You have asked us for help and you got it--isn't turnabout fair play for you? Come on now, don't come off like a jerk.
I cannot help that the forum is broken. I pointed out the issue, administrator is supposed to be looking into it.
That's all I can do about it...

Making a thread for the sole purpose of pointing out something that has already been explained in other threads multiple times and you think I'm the one being a jerk?

Really not my intention on upsetting anyone. I find it odd to fuss over such a minor thing. It's 2018 I browse the website from my phone. I can't see any signatures on here. No bull it's wonderful. Easy fast browsing. The side effect is you not being able to see my own signature and I'm sorry that seems to bother a small segment of the users here.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Screenshot_20180703-205453.jpg

This is what I see on my phone and it's wonderful.
I can flip through threads quickly and get the information I need with all the searching I've been doing.

No signatures from any of you. It's enabled in the control panel thing but it will never show up unless I happen to be posting from desktop which is basically never.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I'm sorry for your problems with the mechanics of this forum IV. There remains a loyal core of the few and the proud here and we enjoy helping out fellow Vic owners. Speaking for myself, when someone is requesting help, I look at their location (if local to me, I'd offer to go help) and which bike, as I'm very familiar with Cross bikes, but not the others.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm sorry for your problems with the mechanics of this forum IV. There remains a loyal core of the few and the proud here and we enjoy helping out fellow Vic owners. Speaking for myself, when someone is requesting help, I look at their location (if local to me, I'd offer to go help) and which bike, as I'm very familiar with Cross bikes, but not the others.
That is a good thing, I'm the same way and come from a similar loyal fan group on the other forum. I made a 700 mile trip right after buying my CCT to hang out with friends I made through that forum and owning my other bike. Be doing more trips for the same later in the year. Mr Vinish who has been a member here for a while comes from that same group of people.

It really annoys me that they designed it to not post signatures like it is but I can't help that. I didn't make the signature for it to not be seen.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
VisionJohnny, You have asked IndyVictory about posting his signature at least a dozen times and each time he has politely pointed out that he has entered the desired signature information via the only method he has and/or uses to access this forum which is his phone. He has also pointed out that the reason his signature information does not appear is a problem with the forum software. This has been confirmed by the admins. Signatures entered via phone browsing do not appear. This is not his fault. Are you not seeing his repeated explanations or do you not believe him? In either case, perhaps your repeated reminders should be directed to the admins who should fix this forum software problem and not at a user who is being adversely impacted by this bug.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
VisionJohnny, You have asked IndyVictory about posting his signature at least a dozen times and each time he has politely pointed out that he has entered the desired signature information via the only method he has and/or uses to access this forum which is his phone. He has also pointed out that the reason his signature information does not appear is a problem with the forum software. This has been confirmed by the admins. Signatures entered via phone browsing do not appear. This is not his fault. Are you not seeing his repeated explanations or do you not believe him? In either case, perhaps your repeated reminders should be directed to the admins who should fix this forum software problem and not at a user who is being adversely impacted by this bug.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

The admins know there's a lot of problems from changing profile pics, likes received, phone use like above and more.
In case ya'll missed it there's a migration going on and systems are messed up across most all forums. CLICK

Over on the stromtroopers (V-Strom) forum I got banned when I paid for my membership and I'm a mod there also.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
In case ya'll missed it there's a migration going on and systems are messed up across most all forums. CLICK
That must be a moderator forum because it's access denied for us lowly normal folk.

I can tell you from experience our wonderful hosts verticalscope rarely, if ever, fix issues with the forums they own. They gobble up any forum they can and leave them as is because they have a mostly hands off policy. This is mostly good for the established community. The exception being revenue generating streams like extra ad code and requiring things like vendor registration for a fee.
So it's unlikely that will ever do anything to fix the mobile issue or anything else that doesn't directly relate to bringing in money.
Slow or no access to the site as was the experience on the other verticalscope forum I'm currently on they were quick to fix that when reported because it was killing ad revenue.

Just my experience since this is now the fourth forum I've been on with this host.

Thank you gentlemen for the support.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
That must be a moderator forum because it's access denied for us lowly normal folk.

I can tell you from experience our wonderful hosts verticalscope rarely, if ever, fix issues with the forums they own. They gobble up any forum they can and leave them as is because they have a mostly hands off policy. This is mostly good for the established community. The exception being revenue generating streams like extra ad code and requiring things like vendor registration for a fee.
So it's unlikely that will ever do anything to fix the mobile issue or anything else that doesn't directly relate to bringing in money.
Slow or no access to the site as was the experience on the other verticalscope forum I'm currently on they were quick to fix that when reported because it was killing ad revenue.

Just my experience since this is now the fourth forum I've been on with this host.

Thank you gentlemen for the support.
Sorry it was here's the post, it explains a lot.

"Hello,

We wanted to reach out and let you now that we will be moving the site off our current hosting platform to the Google Cloud. There may be a period adjustment, but we are hoping that this platform will provide a more reliable environment for the community. As we get closer to the move date, we will update this thread to let you know.

Please report any issues in the Staff or Community sections you normally would and we will address them ASAP.

Thank you in advance

Your Community Management Team"

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
In the defense of VJ, I believe he is just trying to help us all, not trying to be an asshole. He has done this for pretty much everyone, and he may have simply forgotten about the forum not displaying the same on a phone as it does on a computer; he tries to get everyone to share their bike info so we can see what someone rides and be able to help with potential questions that much sooner without having to wait for a "what bike you got?".

Just trying to shine a little light on the other side. I don't believe it's malicious, he's just trying to keep us all informed.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
I use TaPaTaLk .... Love it, but no signatures .... But if you click on the member name you can read there info, lime what bike etc ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
In the defense of VJ, I believe he is just trying to help us all, not trying to be an asshole. He has done this for pretty much everyone, and he may have simply forgotten about the forum not displaying the same on a phone as it does on a computer; he tries to get everyone to share their bike info so we can see what someone rides and be able to help with potential questions that much sooner without having to wait for a "what bike you got?".

Just trying to shine a little light on the other side. I don't believe it's malicious, he's just trying to keep us all informed.
I think he posts for info so much he forgets who has been asked, VJ is never an asshole that I've seen.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I think he posts for info so much he forgets who has been asked, VJ is never an asshole that I've seen.
However, is this the first time VisionJohnny has actually CREATED a thread for the sole reason of calling out a member for not putting their location and bike in their signature? If so (and I don't recall any similar threads he has created), that seems quite a step in the wrong direction from merely trying to "help us all".

·
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Am Sorry if you and others thought I was trying to be mean.
Its always been helpful for everyone if they know where you live and what you ride. There are plenty of guys here that give advice from what they know that does not pertain to the model bike your asking about. Some even ask question and never say what they ride or even come back and say how they fixed the problem. There are several riders here that have travel to where others live and have spent some time riding around together. If I was on a trip and new I was going to be close to you it would be nice to have a beer and BS for a while.
I have never seen your information but I see your post and i was just trying to get your information.
I'm sorry if I offended you

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm not offended. I was just taken by surprise at your calling it out like this.

We can only hope that with time verticalscope will get off their arse and fix the mobile posting issues.

Indy is Indianapolis.
2012 CCT. Red. Mods in progress. :)

If I'm ever up in MN we can have that beer. cheers

(This is from desktop so signature actually works.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts