Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Infamous 3rd gear quandary again

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan99vic 
#1 ·
Hello

I recently picked up a 2000 Vic V92SC Sport Cruiser with less than 17,000 miles on it. It had started to either not go into 3rd or does and then pops out.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? Did Polaris get it right after they added the cush drive? I know I could drop in a freedom twin but I'm trying to keep this one as original as possible. It's red and tye paint looks great. It needs some regular maintenance (oil change, etc).

I'm open to suggestions.

#2 ·
Well you can find a newer trans on ebay and replace it ,victory really never did anything for the older ones so yes you can do the swap or keep it the same . I have done 5 of them because I like to keep them original myself because the motor itself is bullet proof . If your already having the problems the cush drive won't help you now . Find a good set of gears on ebay and just replace the trans that's what I have done and seems to work for me . Good luck

#3 ·
Alan99vic
You're a lifesaver! I had it up for sale at first. I began receiving questions about the tranny being upgraded. I had no idea how to answer. I didn't want to sell an unsafe bike so I took the ad down from FB marketplace. I did have another gentleman from a different forum show pics of his where they relocated the speed sensor. Mine definitely didn't have an outer speed sensor so I knew it hadn't been updated for sure. So, again, thank you for helping me out with this issue. I like to be as hands on as possible so I'll tackle this myself. I'll just keep it then. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.