Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am looking at a 2004 red and silver Vegas, but I have a few questions ...

First. Is $6000 a good deal? Its stock except a stage one exhaust. The paint is perfect, motor casting is silver:/, 9500 miles, some scuffs oon wheels, the speedo has a rust ring on the inside, over all it looks lime it was stored covered outside.. 7 out of 10 quality...

Second. The fins on the motor arnt shiny anymore really. Looks like oxidation ... can that be made newish again.. with the casting being ssilver and fins not shiny jt looks all one color and that's ugly in my opinion.

I'm really picky about how my ride looks and it seems like is in some cosmetic tlc to be perfect... I dont know if I should pass and wait on a another newish victory with low miles for around $6000 or take this one.

Here is a link to the EXACT bike I'm getting. Take a look..

http://polarisofgainesville.com/m/showcase_unit.htm?id=344343&status=2

Any input will be appreciated.

Here is a link to the exact bike I'm getting. Take a look

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Look for the same year/model in www.cycletrader.com and you'll get an idea of what the average price is. Hopefully you can compare something with similar mileage too.

As for the rust and oxidation both can be corrected. The rusty piece may have to be replaced but the oxidation may just take time and elbow grease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts