Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with a XC and in a state that requires state inspections... where are you putting your inspection sticker?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
For those of you with a XC and in a state that requires state inspections... where are you putting your inspection sticker?
I put mine inside the saddlebags. When I had my VTX I had it inside one of the side covers. State law in Texas states it must be visible from the rear of the bike. But the few times I was pulled over and they asked to see it I never had any issues or questions about the placement.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put mine inside the saddlebags. When I had my VTX I had it inside one of the side covers. State law in Texas states it must be visible from the rear of the bike. But the few times I was pulled over and they asked to see it I never had any issues or questions about the placement.
thats good to know. I have mine on that ugly piece of tin mounted on top of my plate!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honestly.. I don't bother with state inspections. If a cop pulls you over you generally have 10 days to address it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Honestly.. I don't bother with state inspections. If a cop pulls you over you generally have 10 days to address it.

Yeh but then its a hassle having to go back and show proof. And to do that you have to get it inspected anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Every shop I have ever had inspect my various bikes has put the inspection on the front left down tube. Harleys sometimes use a little tab installed on the bike.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is that why that piece on the licence plate bracket for? Took mine off when i installed plate. In Louisiana you put the inspection sticker with the registration same as a trailer. I usually don't bother inspecting either one. If you get caught here it will cost you at least $150.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I have my New York sticker on the neck of the frame, on the left side; see pic. With the bike leaned over on the sidestand -- or even with the bike straight up -- it's pretty hard to see, and doesn't stand out (OK, unless you're pointing a camera right at it, with the flash on, and have the fairing moved out of the way).

Most NY bike shops just put it on the fork tube if you don't have one of those chrome inspection-sticker plates bolted on somewhere, but when I got my XCT two years ago I told the shop where I wanted it. Because that neck area is pebbly, the sticker didn't stick well, so I added some drops of superglue in the corners; subsequent stickers are just pasted on top of the original. Not ideal, but works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I live in TN (no inspections) but bought my bike in VA where they do require them. The dealer I bought my bike from put a metal plate down underneath the bike in front of the left exhaust. Here is a pic from when I first bought it where you can see the sticker.
DSCN1429_308.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I had my Big Dog I had an inspection plate put on the left side of the bike. Now with the Cross Country there was really no place to put the plate so I had my mechanic take the reflectors off the front down lubes and put the sticker on the left side.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies all! I like the idea of mounting on the lower left side like TNXR's picture. Otherwise inside the hard bag is good too...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
On the front fork tube behind the fairing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting. Never realized that this was an issue. In MA they go right on our license plates. Seems to make the most sense to me... no ugly sticker on your bike and in plain view from the rear.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Interesting. Never realized that this was an issue. In MA they go right on our license plates. Seems to make the most sense to me... no ugly sticker on your bike and in plain view from the rear.
Not hard to imagine a better system -- for anything -- than what NY does. Here in NY, you get to put a small square paste-it sticker (with a color change each year) on your license plate each year, which shows that you've paid that year's registration fee. That's in addition to the larger, paste-it (somewhere), color-changing sticker that shows that you've gotten the bike inspected that year (and paid the fee for that).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Both the registration sticker and the inspection sticker go on the license plate here. Couldn't be more straight forward.

2011 Victory Cross Country
Stage 1
Lloydz timing wheel
Madstad brackets

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I don't think people will realize you had extreme sarcasm in your statement WSP :crzy: In NY it is straight forward, right up the A##!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts