Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is required of customizations for this to go well. Is there anyone out there who has this installed and can give me some info on what I need to do. I also bought new wheels from Arlen Ness category 3G Chrome. Front 21x2, 15 and rear 18x10, 5 I have now applied for modification of my bike to the DMV. This must be fitted correctly. If not, I get it approved here in Norway, I hope someone out there can give some details on how this is done.

View attachment 9568

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there no one who can answer my post. I'm from Norway, but was hoping some of you could come up with some ideas on how to do this. Thank you.:confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have a 10.5 rim you have to use a 280 tire. the 300 has to be on a 10 inch rim. At least thats what the witchdoctor wheels are like.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the great tips in this forum. After studying several ways to do this, I have come up with this result. Fitted with Metzeler 300/35x18, Arlen Ness G3 Chrome Wheel 10.5 x 18 Approved by the DMV. Nice and clean work I think? Soon ready for the summer season.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats pretty wide. looks really nice. is the belt going to clear the tire with the 10.5 rim ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello again! I see you also have Kewlmetal 45 .. How did you set the height of the fork. I do not really understand the instructions on this. Should they be taken right to the bottom ', or they can be set as desired? Hope you can give me an answer on this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I measured from the bottom of the fork to the bottom of the lower tree. 23 1/2 inches on mine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm sorry. Mine is 23 1/4 inches. if you go to low you will bottom out on the sliders.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the great advice. I should probably adjust up those too. The bike will surely be as straight as possible. Do you have the original height of the back, or is it lowered?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine is lowered in the back 1 1/4 inches.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How is your bike running with this lowering then? I also bought the lowering kit from Arlen Ness rear, but have not installed it yet. Not sure how the bike will behave. What are your experiences?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How is your fork compared with picture nr1 or 2. Picture number 1 does not look as pretty, but it is possible it must be so? What do you think?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine looks like pic 2. I have the ness lowering links also. The ride is good. I like it much better lowered. Drives about the same.you will learn right away how to ride it lowered and raked. its not bad at all. you just got to sweep corners alittle more and cant lean as far.But like I said you will catch on quick. Theres nothing that looks better than a Raked lowered fat ass jackpot. lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts