Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

I realise that the question of putting a larger tire on a Vegas has been posted a lot however it seems that it only gets negative responses ( ie, Buy a Jackpot, It's gonna break the bank etc, etc ).

I live in Australia and as the Vegas cost me $17k ( new ) and the jackpot would cost $26k ( new ) then this allows me to spend $9k to carry out my own mods.

So if i can find a positive response to this question then i would be very gratefull.

250mm Wheel ( What parts list would i need ? and any installation tips / advice ).

210mm wheel ( What spacers would i need for tire clearance ? ).

Please no negatives as it's been done by all.

Cheers
AL

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hi Guy's,

I realise that the question of putting a larger tire on a Vegas has been posted a lot however it seems that it only gets negative responses ( ie, Buy a Jackpot, It's gonna break the bank etc, etc ).

I live in Australia and as the Vegas cost me $17k ( new ) and the jackpot would cost $26k ( new ) then this allows me to spend $9k to carry out my own mods.

So if i can find a positive response to this question then i would be very gratefull.

250mm Wheel ( What parts list would i need ? and any installation tips / advice ).

Please no negatives as it's been done by all.

Cheers
AL
You need to replace the whole rear half of the bike, including the frame. This is not a negative, but rather the actual answer to your question. Btw, I don't think you can purchase a jackpot frame, swing arm, and everything else for under $9k, never mind the actual labor. But don't let this discourage you. You could be the first one to do this, and then live to tell how we were all wrong. :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hi Guy's,

AL
Darn, I was kind of hoping you were going to ask about a wide front tire. I'm curious if a Vegas/Jackpot could wear a 120/70-21 radial instead of the 90-90 bias ply and still fit under the fender.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the fat back tire craze, but if it's any consolation, I do like kangaroos.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry, I don't know anything about the fat back tire craze, but if it's any consolation, I do like kangaroos.
:ltr:

I agree, if you are handy with a wrench you should be able to pull it off easy and for very little. I would check your local yards to see if they have a jackpot that has been salvaged. You might be able to pull your parts. Also, check into conquest customs... They do alot of fat rear tire mods.. they may be able to help cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If there aren't many cycle salvage lots in the land down under you should be able to use the power of the internet and find quite a few in the states. If you find parts you may want to have them ship with warranty replacement parts in the remarks on the customs forms. This may save you about 50% on your shipments because it may keep you from having to duty tax.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If there aren't many cycle salvage lots in the land down under you should be able to use the power of the internet and find quite a few in the states. If you find parts you may want to have them ship with warranty replacement parts in the remarks on the customs forms. This may save you about 50% on your shipments because it may keep you from having to pay duty tax.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sorry for the duplication. I had to edit my response and apparently I am having an android glitch that duplicates rather than edits.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guy's

I luv POSITIVE responses.

I've got a welder, Tripple Garage, and boy do i have some idea's lmao.

To those that have sent me a PM thanx also and hopefully between all of u i will get there.

I can't see it being all that difficult however it's the small things that can be overlooked during construction that can cost you the money in the long run and hopefully with all your help i will not encounter these.

As far as liking Kangaroo's - EH ! No comments lmao

Gratefully
AL

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Why not build a custom chopper from scratch? You will end up with a salvage title "Vegpot" and you will have invested what a brand new Jackpot with clean title would cost or more. :eek:

Sorry for not being as supportive as the others, but I have a hard time wishing someone luck when they're about to jump off a cliff. Whatever you do, I hope you continue to share it with us so we can either learn that you were right or wrong or both. thumb up

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not build a custom chopper from scratch? You will end up with a salvage title "Vegpot" and you will have invested what a brand new Jackpot with clean title would cost or more. :eek:

Sorry for not being as supportive as the others, but I have a hard time wishing someone luck when they're about to jump off a cliff. Whatever you do, I hope you continue to share it with us so we can either learn that you were right or wrong or both. thumb up
HaHa,

I like it VEGPOT.

But then again u never liked the Vegas / Jackpot look if you bought a Victory Cross Road.

Don't worry about the Cliff neither as i have enough insurance to cover the fall...lmao

You have to admit though, If it wasn't for people who never thought outside the square then you would be still riding a scooter. lol

I will definately keep those who help informed as it's the least i can do.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey Guy's,

I have recieved a PM from a member who has given me a step by step response on how to do the conversion so i would like to thank everyone for responding to my thread.

I am unsure wether or not i should post a pic of his bike but then again it would be criminal if i didn't as i luv people who shove it down the throats of the Negative members on these forums.
DSC00017.jpg

Thanx George as, if it wasn't for people like you the wheel would not of been invented and the earth would still be flat.

Oh !, i forgot to ask George how high the CLIFF was ( lmao.)

I think he must of got the same response from Crossroads when George was building his bike and decided to colour the bike green ( Vegpot ). Looks delicous ( lmfao ).

Cheers to all the Positive People
AL

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The conversion looks very doable the only downside is the money it will take to do it! The parts won't be too bad but if you don't do it right shipping will cost you about 1/3 of what the parts will.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The conversion looks very doable the only downside is the money it will take to do it! The parts won't be too bad but if you don't do it right shipping will cost you about 1/3 of what the parts will.
Hi Ammo,

I luv the Aussie $.

The other good point is that we do not have to pay TAX on second hand parts and as it doesn't have to built over night i will use Sea freight to control the freight costs.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey Guy's,

I have recieved a PM from a member who has given me a step by step response on how to do the conversion so i would like to thank everyone for responding to my thread.

I am unsure wether or not i should post a pic of his bike but then again it would be criminal if i didn't as i luv people who shove it down the throats of the Negative members on these forums.
View attachment 4278

Thanx George as, if it wasn't for people like you the wheel would not of been invented and the earth would still be flat.

Oh !, i forgot to ask George how high the CLIFF was ( lmao.)

I think he must of got the same response from Crossroads when George was building his bike and decided to colour the bike green ( Vegpot ). Looks delicous ( lmfao ).

Cheers to all the Positive People
AL
COOL !!!
i think its a 280 rear tire...and i LUV IT !! Green, not so much unless its US $ green...LOL

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY NEW YEAR !cheersthumb up

·
Registered
336 Posts
you know a PM is just that... Private and I understand the need for it... but

George if that is your bike the our Aussie Friend has posted then homie you got props for a bike that is just tits!

You also need to steep up and post the steps cuz this is not the first time this has been asked and will not be the last!!!!

If you got the step then post'm mang!!!! Make it easy on the next dude who wants to fatten that bacon on the back!

So share cuz that is what this forum is all about and we NEEEEEEED more guys that are moding the VIC to step up and show what they are doing! This is the one thing I HATE about Victory! It seems like most (not all) of the Victory riders are intent in keeping the bike the way it is or making slight (bolt on) mods...

Hell I tore my HD apart and made it mine!!!! I want to do the same with my CR like some of you have done!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Vegas Low

I emailed pictures to Diamond when I first did my bike and he said he would post the photos. When I contacted him the second time he never posted the pics....I let it slide thinking he didnt want them on and I didnt know how ...... feel free to upload the rest I sent Al

regards Georgethumb upthumb up

·
Registered
353 Posts
I emailed pictures to Diamond when I first did my bike and he said he would post the photos. When I contacted him the second time he never posted the pics....I let it slide thinking he didnt want them on and I didnt know how ...... feel free to upload the rest I sent Al

regards Georgethumb upthumb up
GEORGE...my friend,

i never got the ones u where gonna send me ...BUT PLS POST IT !!

GREAT JOB, LUV IT thumb up

1 - 20 of 63 Posts